“Very happy to find this place”
Review of 54th Street Grill

54th Street Grill
Ranked #19 of 237 Restaurants in Olathe
Cuisines: American
Haysville, Kansas
“Very happy to find this place”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived within the last hour before they closed, which I hate to do because often you get employess more concerned with going home than anything else. The employees were doing their end of shift work but they didn't let it interfere with the service and the food was very good and reasonably priced, we will definitely eat there again when we are in the area

Visited July 2014

Reno
“Saw the strangest thing there”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had a chance to go 3 times to this establishment on my stay in Olathe, mainly the bar so light dining. On all 3 visits there were different bartenders, generally a place keeps maybe 1-2 bartenders. As for food, I had the Combo Biggie basket, kind of like a Quesadilla and Flauta combo, this was ok but had much better, on one visit and on the other I had the Waffle fries and Gringo dip, the waffle fries is a good change from the standard chip. It you go here for something very tasty get the Gringo Dip.
For the strange part, on closing the wait staff would clean the tables using a hi-beam flashlight to make sure the table was completely spotless, never seen that trick.
I would recommend this establishment, here they seem to have a large supply of wait staff so service should be timely. I can't review the food, since I just had appetizers, however do not miss the Gringo Dip!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Raymond L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's a family restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Food was great, service was fast and efficient. Menu prices are average. Husband's steak was cooked as ordered and my french dip was meat heavy, bread excellent, and au jus was best I've had. We will eat at 54th again, preferably for lunch, as dinner time has too many fams with small loud children.

Olathe, Kansas
“So-So Food and No-So Service”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been with family three times to this establishment and have yet to be impressed! The food is just okay with a large emphasis on fried items. I have yet to find anything that I must order a second time. The menu is much like other family style restaurants, ala Friday's or Chili's. My kids seem to like it better than I and my grand-kids enjoy the atmosphere but I find it loud and lacking in real ambiance. The service to this point has left me completely unimpressed. The wait staff has seemed quite young and inexperienced. Realizing that items sometimes need to be requested, I feel that needing to ask for service set-ups after the arrival of food is lacking. I hope that I can change my family from taking me here any more.

• Visited April 2014
Ft. Worth, Texas
“Great Service!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stopped by here for a quick lunch, the staff were very friendly, attentive and service was quick! The menu was extensive and I decided to go with the chicken wings for appetizers and a chicken sandwich for my main course, both were hot, delicious and fresh! The atmosphere was laid back and it looked like it was a family friendly restaurant! Would definitely come back to it again.

• Visited April 2014