“Reasonable, authentic food!”
Review of Carmens Cocina II

Carmens Cocina II
Ranked #15 of 269 Restaurants in Olathe
Reviewed October 19, 2018

Reasonably priced excellent mexican food. Love it and the owners are great people! Support local businesses and have great food while you are doing it! My FAVORITE!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 22, 2018

After hearing rave reviews for years, I finally made my way to Carmen's Cocina for a meal. Mexican restaurants are a dime a dozen and I was doubtful that it would be as amazing as everybody said. I was wrong. This place is INCREDIBLE. The tacos are so good because the shells are different from anywhere else. The tamales are truly homemade and among the best I've had. The crowds can be huge, especially on Taco Tuesday (99⍧ tacos, $2 tamales), but it's worth the wait. Everything you've heard about this place is true.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

It is hard to find Mexican breakfast so I was so glad to find this family business. I have tried every breakfast item, all good. But the owners and people are what will keep you coming back!!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

It looks too small to exist from the outside but I has some casual seating and great people inside. I don't know if it's "authentic" Mexican (I'm not sure what "authentic" means), but I can tell you it's the best, freshest tacos I've ever had. This is really fine food in a casual setting. I usually do carry out. You really should give this locally owned restaurant a try!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I’ve eaten there twice in the last month after a recommendation from a friend. I had the quesadilla the first time and the three soft tacos the second time (fajita, barbacoa and shredded beef). All very good. Simple, delicious, fresh. The chips and salsa are really good too. Extra props for having normal rice that is JUST RICE. I’m so tired of Mexican restaurants putting vegetables in the rice. That’s disgusting. I just want rice. And this place does it right!

The service is very kind and attentive. Small, quaint atmosphere with some outdoor seating as well.

Definitely recommended and I’ll return without a doubt.

Date of visit: October 2017