“yummy”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

the best Italian food outside of Italy. Love the atmosphere and the service was excellent. Great tasting food and drinks.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We were in KC for a soccer tourney and decided Italian would be a good idea. We cruised around, (lots of places to choose from) and saw "Zio's"; I understand there are 20 of them in the region, (but first time we'd heard of it).

I believe we were there 30-45 minutes before the "evening rush" so was quickly seated at a wall table in rather large, open dining "hall". Don't get me wrong, it was nicely appointed, properly lit, carpeted, etc...just big and open. Most restaurants these days seem to "break up the space", allowing for a more intimate dining experience, so probably not the spot for a romantic meal.

The food, while good, was a bit disappointing. I ordered chicken alfrdo, my son, grilled salmon and my wife, eggplant parmesan. The grilled chicken breast pieces atop a relatively small portion of fettuccini and smaller amount of sauce hardly seemed to add up to ONE chicken breast. What bugged me more than the portion size, (the ubiquitous breadsticks and olive-oil dip helped take the edge off our hunger)...was the lack of sauce! What was worse still, it was delicious! So here I am, craving more sauce. BTW---I [almost] never complain about food or send things back...and this didn't rise to that notion anyway. But when I go back there, I'd be sure to ask for "extra sauce" WHEN I ordered! :)

Now...their service representative (aka waitress) had a problem understanding my wife's English accent...and for that matter, my son's unique intonations! However, we got our orders in a-ok. She JUST ABOUT hit the end of my "solicitous" meter when we ordered dessert. My wife and I both had Tiramitsu and my son ordered a "lava chocolate cake ala mode". OK...now I LOVE Tiramisu and know how it's made and how its SUPPOSED to taste! I can honestly say, the only thing wrong was I didn't have room for a second piece! (Darn those breadsticks!) The only thing missing was a dusting of cocoa powder on the top!

So...everyone says the food is great...I'm going to agree with that...and it looked to me like the only shortcoming (sauce for my alfredo) was the only downside to a wonderful meal and portion size, (which is directly attributable to the big dude eating it!) :) As Arnold would say, "I'll be back!"

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The people are friendly and always willing to answer any questions. I had the lasagna and it was about 8.5 out of 10. I would return.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Zio's is a relatively inexpensive italian restaurant that has many food choices and a descent atmosphere. Maybe not the best atmosphere for a romantic date night, but definitely great for families and an inexepensive night out. Many entres for 7-12 dollars

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I live out of Olathe, but we have eaten at this location a few times before but found this evening to be one of our better evenings yet. Attended late on a Monday evening and the hostess and waitress was very friendly and very outgoing. Which to me, made our dining experience very nice. Once we decided what we wanted to eat, we received our drinks, appetizers, and meal's quckly. Probably due to fact, not many was in the restaurant at the time. The fettuccine alfredo was extremely good, very creamy sauce, one of the best I've had at this location. My husband had the spicy chicken fettuccine alfredo and he said it was very good also. Still spent some money for 2 people, just over $40, with one alcolholic drink.