“my new Go-To business stay hotel when in KC, KS.”

Hilton Garden Inn Olathe
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
GreenLeadersGold level
Euless, Texas
“my new Go-To business stay hotel when in KC, KS.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just stayed for the first time in Olathe. I loved it. Nice area. Nice location for the hotel. (There is also what looks like a nice Hampton Inn across the way) Hotel was clean. Quiet. It has a steakhouse attached which I did not visit but smelled like a winner. One of my favorite things to do when away for business is to go to the movies. There is one of the nicest AMC theaters (Fork N' Screen) I've been too right across the street along with an excellent shopping square with plenty of eating choices. If I can help it, I won't stay anywhere else when I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 22, 2013

stayed 2 nites this week (used to stay by airport at Marriott which was expensive and charged extra for internet etc.) Really enjoyed my stay and worth every penny. Rooms are clean and super quiet - i didn't hear people in the halls or adjacent rooms, and didn't hear the tvs either. Slept well in comfy beds. water pressure was a little light, so plan on an extra 5 minutes in the shower. lots of accessible electrical sockets in room and bathroom. beautifully lit bar is located between the restaurant and lobby, and staff is nice. internet is free, and there is always coffee in the lobby. couldn't ask for more on a business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Moberly, Missouri
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were in town to help a family member. We were there for 2 nights. Hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were nice size and very clean. We had the 2 Queen beds, a bit too hard for me but still nice. We paid just a little extra to get the breakfast bar. They were a little unorganized both mornings. The food was good though. We also went downstairs and sat at the bar one evening. One bartender made me an apple pear martini, WOW was it fantastic. The last night we ordered from the restaurant Johnny's Steakhouse downstairs and had it sent to our room for room svc. Hubby had a steak and it was wonderful, I had the Lobster Mac N Cheese, OMG it was amazing!!! I highly recommend it. We also had the bruschetta with goat cheese, also fantastic. So overall it was a great place to stay. I was a bit confused by the bill and didn't like that they took $50 per night for incidentals which was $100!! They don't tell you that when you reserve room. They give it back but not for 2-3 days later. I wouldn't take a family trip there but definitely would go again with just the hubby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We tried to get reservations at the Overland Park HGI, but no suites were available for March 9th. So, we decided to book a suite at the newer Olathe HGI. We have stayed at Hilton Garden Inns around the country, including such off-the-wall places as Tupelo, Mississippi. And, no, we were not there to see Elvis' birthplace home.

Anyway, we were very disappointed to find that the newer Olathe HGI does NOT have the standard two-room, king suite of which we are familiar. Instead, they have only "junior" suites that consist of a single room with a "separate" living room area. Also, they have one style of junior suite in which the furniture of the living area is replaced with a single, large table surrounded by eight chairs to serve as a "boardroom". (I am NOT making this up...)

Now to my notes regarding the shortcomings of this Hilton's new king suite arrangement:

1) No sink was provided at the mini-bar where the refrigerator resides underneath;
2) Cheap coffeemaker (not a Kuerig) was located in the mini-bar, but NO electrical outlet was furnished to plug it in!! I retreated to the TV stand and brewed the barely passable coffee behind the flat screen;
3) Because of the new layout (one room), the sleeping area was barely large enough to squeeze around the king-size bed

On the plus side:

1) King-sized bed was just as good or better than the other HGI properties where we have stayed;
2) HVAC was more than adequate (maybe because this place is less than 6 months old?)
3) Breakfast was free because the one waitress forgot to put out enough large plates (nice touch...!)

I learned my lesson and now will only book at the older HGI's that have the full-size king suites.

Room Tip: ALWAYS try to book at the HGI that has king suites with two actual rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here 12-13 weeks in total for business. This place is perfect for business travellers.
All the peoplethat work there are friendly and helpfull.

Here is a list of pro's and con's.

Pro:
- The staff, front desk and restaurant staffare great, friendly, helpfull and very good with people.
- The restaurant is a good place to eat or have a drink, the bar has a good entertaining bartender!
- When you come back from a hard day of work you can always relaxe in the pool or the spa.
- Very clean hotel.
- Clean and new fitness center.
- Fresh omelette station is a good addition for the breakfast.

Cons:
- Since they aim for business people a pool table, or fun room would not be out of place.
- Cold breakfast is rather small, it should have more options like croissants or some cheese.

I give this hotel a top rating since this is one of the best hotels I have ever been.

Keep up the good work guys!

Regards
A Belgian guest

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pieter D
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Really a very nice addition to the Olathe hotel scene. I had family stay here and had an opportunity to view most aspects of the hotel without actually sleeping there.

First, everything is still fresh and new and clean. The views from the top floor are quite nice, even if it's just of suburbia. The situation of the hotel means you'll end up with either a really good sunrise or sunset view, especially if you're on the 4th, 5th or 6th floors.

Rooms have everything you need - large TV, plenty of channels, comfortable beds, nice desk and comfortable chair, and even a fridge. Bathrooms are of good size.

The common areas are equally as nice. The lobby has some great seating, including a slightly hidden 8 person table and TV that we used one night to have pizza. You can also grab a drink from the bar and enjoy it in the lobby area.

Pool area is nice but a bit chlorine-ey. The gym is small but has great machines.

Johnny's Italian Steakhouse, which I visited on a separate occasion, is quite delicious with great service. Drinks at the bar are expensive, but tasty. However, breakfast is also served here and its a tale of two breakfasts. One (Saturday) was quick, efficient, well stocked. On Sunday, however, something was really wrong and everything was slow and of poorer quality. Consistency appears to be weak.

The area has plenty of options for food and drink, but it is suburbia so don't expect much beyond chains, be them local chains or national chains.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zacharius
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was thrilled to find a suite large enough to host 12 people of all ages for a night before Christmas Eve party. The suite was perfect, the staff was friendly and helpful. Coming from out of town but wanting to host a family get together isn't easy. I didn't want a sterile banquet hall. The Hilton Garden Inn offered me the chance to be with my family in a warm family room setting. It couldn't have been any better!

Room Tip: The room I had was not the largest suite but it had a bedroom, huge bathroom and very large living r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family