“Cinema Suites great for dates/special occasions”
Review of AMC Studio 30

AMC Studio 30
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Olathe
Kansas City, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cinema Suites great for dates/special occasions”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Yes, it is pricey, both for the tickets and for the food and drinks. But it is so luxurious to watch a movie laying back in your own leather recliner, having food and drinks unobtrusively served to you and not a child in the theater. We haven't tried the Fork and Screen but we figured, go big or go home. I don't like sitting in movie theaters but my husband loves movies. But sitting in the cinema suites is totally different and extremely enjoyable, even for me. And I could see it being quite special for a first date dinner and a movie or for a couples night out. It is about a 45 minute drive for us and we still will go there over any other theater that is closer to us, even though they are fine. You can also reserve your seats online and if you have a Stubs card, there is no service charge and every $100 you spend, you get $10 credit. It costs $10 to join but doesn't take long to get that back if you go even a few times and "splurge".

The one downside is that there are only a few of the cinema suites so you are somewhat limited to what movies are available. Fork and Screen has more options and it sounds like it is similar although I don't think they have the recliners, which I love.

We take out of town guests here and they absolutely love it.

Olathe, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fork and Screen worth the Price”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I always go to the AMC 30 in Olathe, just for the Fork and Screen. I love the fact that it has reserved seating. I can go online the night before, or even an hour before and see if there are good seats avail. I don't have to show up 30 mins early to get a good seat, the seating is much more spaced out than the regular seats, and its 18 and over unless you are with an adult, so you don't deal with the 15-17 year old kids sitting around making noise and ruining the movie for you. Its about $2 more per ticket I believe, but to me its so worth it to avoid the above mentioned hassles.

Kansas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very nice but little pricey”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nice and comfy seats but things inside are a bit higher than other movie places, drinks and snacks. Having the Stubs card helps.

Overland Park, KS
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Remodel”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Most comfortable seats. Great remodel, nice to have the food option in some theaters. Just saw Beasts of the Southern Wild.

olathe, ks
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Dinner and a movie!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What I enjoy most is the selection to type of theater experience I want to have whether its just a standard stadium seating, cinema suites or Fork and Screen! So much to offer depending on the mood of the viewers.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank momsgonewild

Been to AMC Studio 30? Share your experiences!