“Bud Select is NOT an import!”
Review of Dodge City Distillery - CLOSED

Dodge City Distillery
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Savor some of our unique dishes from vodka-infused spanish olives, Choice Steaks of several cuts and weights, and our bourbon glazed apple cobbler. Come visit and see how we make the best Vodka, Tequila, and Wild West Whiskey this side of the Mississippi! The Distillery provides a stylish, "cowboy-chic" dining environment showcasing hand-crafted distilling equipment, large comfortable dining booths and tables, warm stone and brick walls with time-weathered wood finishes AND A TOUCH OF THE "WILD WEST". Our hand-selected steaks are grilled to perfection over a hickory and mesquite wood grill by our grillmasters. Our barbeque items are prepared using our own three-step cooking and smoking process. Our meats are carefully marinated and many are soaked with our hand-crafted spirits for a truly unique combination of culinary art and spirits.
Olathe, Kansas
“Bud Select is NOT an import!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was looking forward to using my Groupon and taking the family here. I had been there a couple times for lunch with colleagues and thought the food and prices were pretty decent. This being the first time I was there in the evening, I was pleased to find that they have a Happy Hour Special from 4-6pm, 7 days a week, with $2 domestic beers. Having arrived around 4:30 - I had two Bud Select with my meal. When the bill came, I noticed that I was charged full price for the beers and questioned our waiter. He informed me that beers like Bud Select and Michelob Ultra did not qualify as domestics. Wow! Not sure how they figure that! Wait till I tell my friends!

I just had appetizers, which were fair. My wife's pulled pork sandwich was barely warm enough and she said it tasted like it had just been microwaved. With the large portions that are common nowadays, she loves to go out and save half of her meal for lunch the next day. This was the first time I ever saw her decline to take the other half of her meal home. There are so many choices around this area, there's no way we're coming back for mediocre food and poor service. Even for the "imported" beer!

• Visited March 2013

Kansas City, Kansas
“Dinner”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had wanted to try this restaurant and there ended up being a groupon that I was able to use. I like a Spanish eating schedule so I arrived early for dinner around 4:30, all the tables were open. I had the small green salad and the ribs and their "own" bourbon. The best part of the meal was the bourbon, and it was only ok. The salad was actually ok also, but the ribs came out from the kitchen barely room temperature, and I was wearing a sweatshirt. I also did not find the flavor that good compared to many that are available in the area. Service was barely adequate, especially since I was that only occupied table. I will not return.

• Visited February 2013
“Over rated”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I had our valentine date here...merely because our restaurant of choice was an hr wait... the salmon was under cooked... the two pages of food options was not enough to choose from...the prices arent listed...so when we received our ticket... we were shocked we pd five star prices for a mere one star meal... the music was too loud to enjoy ea others company minus kids for one night... I refuse to eat a mcdonalds meal...but would have opted McDonalds over the food here. .or service... or enviroment

St Louis, MO
“Bar food in the 'burbs”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Probably improves after two beers. Kind of slow and service might be a little forgetful.
Food was "not bad" but I am trying not to put "not bad" food in my mouth if I can help it but sometimes you gotta' do what you gotta' do.

• Visited January 2013
Shawnee, Kansas, United States
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I read the reviews before we went and really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I don't think the people that gave this place bad reviews ate at the same place we did. We went with a group of 12 people and every single person loved their food. We did quite a bit of taste testing of other's plates. My son got the ribeye and the bite I had was probably the best steak I have had in a long time. I got the chicken and it was phenominal. Not overcooked like many places, it was tender and very juicy. A few people got burgers and they all really enjoyed them. A couple of the people with us are extremely picky (more like food snobs) and they can't wait to go back. There were several reviews that stated the potatoes were instant. If those were instant potatos I want to know the brand, because they did not taste instate to us. They were very, very good. The grilled zuccini was my favorite side.

• Visited December 2012