“Bar food in the 'burbs”
Review of Dodge City Distillery - CLOSED

Dodge City Distillery
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Savor some of our unique dishes from vodka-infused spanish olives, Choice Steaks of several cuts and weights, and our bourbon glazed apple cobbler. Come visit and see how we make the best Vodka, Tequila, and Wild West Whiskey this side of the Mississippi! The Distillery provides a stylish, "cowboy-chic" dining environment showcasing hand-crafted distilling equipment, large comfortable dining booths and tables, warm stone and brick walls with time-weathered wood finishes AND A TOUCH OF THE "WILD WEST". Our hand-selected steaks are grilled to perfection over a hickory and mesquite wood grill by our grillmasters. Our barbeque items are prepared using our own three-step cooking and smoking process. Our meats are carefully marinated and many are soaked with our hand-crafted spirits for a truly unique combination of culinary art and spirits.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Probably improves after two beers. Kind of slow and service might be a little forgetful.
Food was "not bad" but I am trying not to put "not bad" food in my mouth if I can help it but sometimes you gotta' do what you gotta' do.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I read the reviews before we went and really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I don't think the people that gave this place bad reviews ate at the same place we did. We went with a group of 12 people and every single person loved their food. We did quite a bit of taste testing of other's plates. My son got the ribeye and the bite I had was probably the best steak I have had in a long time. I got the chicken and it was phenominal. Not overcooked like many places, it was tender and very juicy. A few people got burgers and they all really enjoyed them. A couple of the people with us are extremely picky (more like food snobs) and they can't wait to go back. There were several reviews that stated the potatoes were instant. If those were instant potatos I want to know the brand, because they did not taste instate to us. They were very, very good. The grilled zuccini was my favorite side.

1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Three family members visited at a slow hour. This western themed establishment had loud progressive rock playing. I don't mind rock but not in this place. The server had a "who cares" attitude". The salad was not good. Almost all very dark lettuce and very little dressing provided. The baked potato was fair however very little of the "loaded" ingredients. The steak was good but thin. Not at all worth what we paid. To top it off the little one never got his ice cream even when the server was asked to bring it. We probably won't be coming back unless a real change occurres here.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Really dead vibe..food is just ok. The real problem with this place is the staff, you can just tell they are not owners, and could care less about making this place fly.
I ordered a rib eye, and it was not seasoned at all..how about a little salt and pepper..or something? My colleague had a salad which was really lame. Server never returned until we were finished, and the place was understaffed. It was a slow weekday night, and we still got lousy service. This place has "tired chain" written all over it, although it looks pretty new.
May I suggest..get an OWNER in this place, kick a little butt with the staff. Hire a chef, and pay the chef enough to care. The menu is boring and lacks any real identity that a person could connect with..what kind of cuisine is this place? I ate there, and am not sure. The whole "Distillery" thing has appeal to a very limited group of whiskey devotes..the rest of us could care less if you have 50 different whiskey's..sorry just dont get it, and if the food does not bring people in, the whiskey wont either.
Back in the day Dodge City was a dangerous place where anything could happen..This Dodge City is pretty predictable and way too safe, but I would still avoid it.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Good food, and the place is a bit tucked a way, so it's a nice find to beat the crowds. Steaks are pretty awesome and prices are surprisingly reasonable.