All reviewsfront deskkansas citylounge areafire pitnice free breakfastfull kitchenthe entire staffpull out couchstayed two nightsevening receptionwafflesclean roomsbreakfast roomoff the highwayparking lothot tubstaff was friendly
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Visited this residence inn again and overall the hotel is still very nice and accommodating. The 24 hour exercise room is a very nice feature along with clean, comfortable rooms and great breakfast. The issue is I am a gold Marriott member, followed the early checkin process and ended up with a room next to the elevator. It seems that this room should be a last room filled, not a first room filled situation. `

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Derek S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Olathe, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Good Morning!

Thank you for the kind words and I's glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope you have a great day and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2016

We stayed At the Residence Inn April 2, 2016. Suite was clean and in good condition. Halls are dark grey wallpaper and carpet is dark grey. The dark color makes the halls look very dingy and looks like a prison. Not very cheerful and inviting. The lady at the front desk was so helpful and pleasant, I think her name was Amy. Maintenance man was very obliging and a very friendly polite gentleman. Can't remember his name but I think he said he was from Louisiana. The water pressure was terrible. We were on third floor and could not sleep all night as there was a large air conditioner unit on the ground below our window and it hummed and vibrated all night. It was like trying to sleep in a torture room. Breakfast was a 2 out of 5. Biscuits for the sausage gravy were over baked and had hard parts threw them. Sausage was like rubber, they could have been used for tires on your car. Will not stay here again because of the noise.
That unit should be moved to the front of the small building it is behind and not close to suites.
Sylvia and Gerald Schmidt
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Canada

Room Tip: Have a room on higher floor but make sure no air conditioner unit is below.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Derek S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Olathe, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2016

Good morning Sylvia and Gerald,

I want to apologize for your recent stay with us as it appears to be lees than satisfying to you and I'm sorry. Please contact me directly if you would like to give us another try!

Hope you have a great day!

Reviewed June 13, 2016

Good location, surrounded by shopping and restaurants. An exceptional staff that looked in on me while I was ill in the hotel. . I've stayed at a lot of Marriott, and nothing stood out. From the moment I checked in with a tissue, two of the staff members (I'm very sorry not to remember their names) called and looked after me.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Derek S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Olathe, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2016

Good Morning GraveBear!

Thank you for your comments about our staff as we pride our self in providing excellent customer service for all of our guests! Hope you have a great day and hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2016

We arrived shortly after dinner and were greeted by very friendly staff. The hotel is fairly new and in a very nice area. Our King 1 Bedroom suite was clean and very spacious. For most people you could easily make this an extended stay location for a business traveler.

The king bed was extremely firm. That was the only thing that prevented us from giving it a perfect 5. For those who like very firm beds, you will be in heaven.

As a note, I would not recommend the fold out couch for adults. As are most fold-outs, the mattress was thin and the bars under it would kill your back. Young kids are lighter and shorter and it worked fine for our 5 year old.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family

Good Morning Mr. Cool Traveler!

I just wanted to say "Thank You" for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! Hope you have a great day and hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I stayed in a King's bed room. The room equipped with mini kitchen area, sofa, writing desk and large lcd tv. Ample space for couples and small family.

There are BBQ area, Basketball court, mini Gym, mini swimming pool and mini Bar at the reception area.

Pretty nice and cosy area to short stay. the location of the stay are near to alot of shops, marts and restaurants. Very convenient and easy to drive around.

Room Tip: To avoid the ground level if you want a quiet room. Pick the room that face the lake or pond. Nice view every morning.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Henry G
Derek S, General Manager at Residence Inn Kansas City Olathe, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Good Morning Henry!

Thank you for your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope you have a great day and hope to see you back here soon!