“fresh food, great prices, wonderful people”
Review of Iron Horse - CLOSED

Iron Horse
Cuisines: Chinese
Kansas City, Missouri
“fresh food, great prices, wonderful people”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Friendly people, delicious fresh food. Laura S said it best. My daughter introduced us to this family oriented business. The owners chef & staff are delightful & take great pride in their presentations. My husband loves kimche, theirs is fresh and made there. Once you have been here, you will want to return time & time again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lewann

Gardner, Kansas
“Best shrimp and green bean”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I love Iron Horse, while it is small and very informal, all of the dishes are fantastic and the service is great. My favorite e dish is the shrimp and green bean. It comes with soup and choice of spring roll or crab Rangoon. Please take the time to visit...best food!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Christina L
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Chinese food like we had in China”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went with 3 14 year-olds and 2 adults. Had a couple of appetizers - egg rolls were good, the onion pancakes were a little different, the tofu buns with the sauce were spectacular! The noodle dishes were excellent. I had the roast pork noodles. It had lovely roast pork, and a selection of vegetables that included bok choy, asparagus, fresh green beans, and red peppers. Not over sauced, on a bed of fresh noodles. I ate it all. I would definitely make the drive over to eat there again. Friendly staff. Pictures of the food on the walls. Not much for atmosphere, but yummy food.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Melinda D
Gardner, Kansas
“Our Absolute Favorite!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I have been eating at Iron Horse for at least the past 3 years. The food is consistently delicious & costs well below what they should be charging. If delicious food & outstanding prices aren't enough to get you through the door, Iron Horse should be famous for the lovely owners, chef, and staff (and the fun decor!) We always take family and friends who visit from out-of-town & will recommend to all we know! Do yourself a favor & eat there whenever you get the chance!

Here are some of our favorites:
Main dish: Scheshwan Combo & Mongolian Beef
Soup: Veggie w/Tofu & Hot and Sour
Appetizer: Crab Rangoon
Dessert: Steam Peach Red Bean Bun

• Visited March 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“always consistently good”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Eat here often, and probably the best Chinese restaurant in KC area. Lucky for Olathe, this ended up in their neck of the woods. Good service by Owner while her husband slaves in the kitchen.

• Visited February 2013