“pleasant experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed November 17, 2010

fairly easy to find given you have a good map, near I35
nice rooms with interior entrances (I prefer for security)
good fitness room, good pool
continental, serve yourself breakfast with make your own waffles, cold hard-cooked eggs, bread you can toast, bagels, pastries, muffins, two cereals, orange and apple juice, coffee, tea, cocoa. (no eggs one morning, all out and none to arrive for a day or two - I thought odd)
hot coffee in lobby
pleasant and helpful staff
business center with three PC's and two printers
secure entrances to Inn
good experience. would stay here again.
nice big TV in room with HBO and many other channels
microwave in room and fridge - which I didn't open so don't know if it had items to purchase.
a huge shopping mall next door.
only negative is 1st night I heard a train horn a couple of times ; don't remember hearing Sun and Mon night. either I got used to it or the train doesn't sound every night.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe

Reviewed February 11, 2010

Very nice motel. Great service and rooms. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2009

You have to love a hotel with good shower heads and great water pressure! Breakfast was good, staff is sooo helpful and a mall is across the parking lot. Suites have climate control for each room and the memory foam matresses are wonderful. Was very impressed with every aspect of this property! Even the sofa bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We had our family reunion with around 80 attending. They also had a few teams staying for a soccer tourney the same weekend. The staff were very accommodating. The rooms were a little noisy, but not too bad considering the number of kids. It got a bit loud in the lobby where reunion family and soccer teams were chatting, but the business center next door was a peaceful escape.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We were in town for a family event and decided to use some of our La Quinta Points instead of paying the rate, which was a little high because is was graduation time..
The hotel was very nice. It was not that old so everything was still very nice. Lobby area and breakfast area were combined and very open and user friendly. The inside pool and spa were Great! I could see the fitness room from the pool unfortunatly I did not get the chance to use it. It had two of everything.
Our room was a double and nice but a little crowded. With two beds, a chair, a armoir which held the mico and refrig, a desk and a dresser! The temper pedic bed was, nice I liked it but my hushand did not. Not sure if thats all they had. Need to ask if any other mattress style is available next visit. Overall is is great hotel. Lots of places to eat at with a short drive. And dog friendly!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2009

I just recently stayed in this hotel for the first time (on April 23, 2009) and was pleasantly surprised with my whole experience. It was a very short stay, but the staff made sure nothing was overlooked. The building is only 6 months old, so everything is brand new and quite clean. I th am one road quite a bit with my job and stay in many different types of hotels. Most often we stick to Hilton brand hotels and I would not hesitate to include this La Quinta in the same class as the Hiltons. Out of all the hotels I've stayed in, this was the first to offer the Tempurpedic beds which I thought were amazing.

What really made this stay stand out more than others was how accommodating and friendly the staff was. We needed a ride to the Olathe airport the very next morning, leaving at 4:45 a.m., and the General Manager was more than happy to get us there. She actually picked us up that next morning since that wasn't a normal time that their shuttle would run.

Just two weeks before that we stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn and I can't say the same for them. We requested a shuttle the next morning at 7:00, were told it would be no problem, but then when we got down to the front desk that morning, they said that their shuttles don't run that early, but they could call us a cab. Which is why we will never be staying at the Holiday Inn anymore. From here on out, when we have an overnight in Olathe, it will be at the La Quinta.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We picked this hotel based on good ratings and were disappointed. Although the hotel was nice a new our room had a very musty smell and we found a very dirty sock in the bottom of the closet left by a prior guest and missed by the maid. We were also concerned about our safety coming in and out of the hotel at night, it neighbors the Great Plains Mall that is almost closed down with only a few stores open and we saw a lot of thugs driving around, meeting and hanging out in the parking lots at night. We will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family