“Husband in hospital”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Warsaw, Missouri
“Husband in hospital”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed her a couple of years ago and was fine. This time, I first noticed the elevator was not vacuumed around the edges. Got to our room and it was the same way in the room. Wouldn't take a lot of time to do this. Looked the same around the edges of the bathroom floor in the corners. Otherwise the room looked clean. Did notice under the tray for the coffee pot was not clean. There were cleaning crews all over the place. Went to get on the elevator in the morning, the sun was shining on the hallway wall with wanes coating and the dust was terrible. Elevator was never vacuumed in the 3 days I was there. Breakfast was plentiful and pretty good. They also need to get rid of some of the yellowed (supposed to be white) wash clothes. La Quinta could add to their amenities in the room. Could use a conditioner and lotion to go along with the 2 bars of soap and one teeny shampoo.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Weezy660;

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are sorry that you encountered this during your stay. We have taken steps to ensure that this does not occur again. Much appreciated.
JP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I gave this hotel 3 stars because it still is not a wonderful choice in the area of Olathe. Some things they could improve on are cleaning and maintenance in public areas (halls and elevators and lobby). The lobby is always dark and dreary and I felt like it could use more light so you don't feel like you have entered the dungeon. The tempurpedic beds were a first for me at a hotel and I slept okay for the most part. The breakfast was not spectacular and the yogurts were frozen and the eggs looked terrible. Don't stay for breakfast here. Its also next to an abandoned mall that is deteriorating and the area needs some TLC from the city of Olathe.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We really appreciated your business. We are looking into lighting up the hallways more. We are also planning on renovating later this year.
Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel looks nice outside inside it starts going downhill. Elevator didn't get vacuumed for days - ice machine broken all week on 2nd floor, AC in hallways broken all week on 2nd floor hallways were super hot with KC heat. I had 3 wash clothes during the stay with very bad stains on them - no towels one day after cleaning room, stains on the bedspread at bottom of bed big black lines - went to desk late Thursday night and asked for 7 am wake up call girl wrote it down never got a wake up call but woke up in time not to miss my meetings. Water bottles in soda machine were out for 3 days. This is not now or ever should be a 4 star rating it is lucky to get a 2.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lqolathe, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that we were unable to make your stay more pleasant. We have addressed all the issues you mentioned and will ensure to try our best from not reoccurring.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have stayed at this laquinta many times and I must say this was my best experience with this hotel. Everyone was so nice and actually put the guest first. My first night I was checked in by a sweet young man named Trent who was very nice and accommodating to my many needs. He gave me great directions to avoid the horrible mess of construction on the main road from the hotel. The only thing I would change would be the breakfast, there is no meat on the menu at all. I will be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: First floor if you can
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for your response. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The quality that you expect from La Quinta just wasn't here. We have stayed here several times as it is as far as we like to drive. The price is average, A.C was noisy, breakfast was fair at best. Hard boiled eggs were peeled, I prefer to peel my own, less germs The O.J. was watered down
so bad I threw it away. The food service person preferred to talk rather than take care of the breakfast items. Improvements have been made since tour last visit, we won't be staying here any more.

Room Tip: Stay away from ice machines and elevators
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
lqolathe, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for your response. We will definitely look into our breakfast selection.
Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2014

As a frequent La Quinta guest, I was disappointed in this property because of problems in the room that an alert housekeeping staff should have reported to maintenance. The positives of this inn include a great looking building, a pleasant desk clerk named Maxwell, a large room, and a good price.
What was wrong with the room (314)? The sink drain was plugged so it took a a long time to empty and the toilet always seemed on the verge of overflowing so it too must have had an obstruction. The room had a nice upholstered easy chair and a floor lamp behind it. Great for reading one would think, but alas, the prongs on the lamp were bent so badly that it wasn't usable. The cord was unplugged and lying on the floor. When I went to plug it in, I could see why. The cover over the a/c controls was broken and fell to the floor when I tried to get at the controls. Finally, in such large quarters there was only one wastebasket and that was in the bathroom. Almost all motel rooms have at least two wastebaskets.
Something the inn can't do much about is the thin walls. TV in the neighboring room could be heard easily, but fortunately the guests there went to bed early enough for it not to be a big problem.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response. We have addressed the maintenance and housekeeping issues.
Ft. Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my Easter vacation in the Kansas City area, and I was not disappointed at all with my choice of hotel.

The hotel looks fairly new, it’s very clean, safe and secure. There is ample parking spots for your vehicles and I felt very safe parking my vehicle there, the hotel staff (maids, front desk , breakfast lady and new GM) were extremely polite, courteous and very helpful, they go out of their way to make you feel at home.

There is a large indoor pool to enjoy as well as a large business center and gym, unfortunately I did not bring the right attire to go swimming but I saw a lot of happy adults and kids enjoying the indoor pool during my stay there.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious, I found nothing wrong with my room, the bathroom and toilet was very clean, the towels were new, the bedding was also very clean. The hotel has three floors from what I can tell, and each floor has vending machine. It is an indoor property and serviced by an elevator so it is very safe for all.

The breakfast selection was plentiful, I have stayed at other La Quinta’s before and I must say that the selection of breakfast food available here was more extensive than other LQ’s that I have stayed at before. The breakfast lady was so nice and polite, she was always there ensuring that all the food was hot, delicious and kept the tables clean.

I will certainly come back and visit this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank jbsjp
lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Olathe. We appreciate you taking the time to provide a feedback. We are constantly looking to improve and exceed expectations. We look forward to having you with us in the near future.