“Great experience overall”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Boston, MA
“Great experience overall”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for the Garmin Marathon and found it to be a pleasant experience overall. I had a bit of trouble with the reservation (I tried to reduce the # of nights I was going to be there from 3 to 2 and they rescheduled my entire reservation for a week earlier. The hotel was sold out so it was a little nerve-wracking getting it fixed.) Also, when I checked in it was peak time for the marathon runners to check in and they only had 1 person working at the desk. This staff member did an amazing job under the circumstances. Her supervisor walked by and I said something about "this poor woman has to work by herself with 7 people in line" but the supervisor kept walking by.

Other than that, the hotel was very clean and conveniently located. It was a mile from the marathon and it was in a shopping plaza for easy access to stores and restaurants. It had a nice pool and hot tub but I didn't use them. The lobby area was nicely decorated. They had a breakfast in the morning but I didn't try it. There was ample parking around the back. I was on the top floor (3rd floor) and it was quiet. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable. Free wifi was nice, and they gave a good discount for the marathon. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rtsb22
lqolathe, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Olathe. That was a busy weekend with a tremendous amount of activities going on in the area. The team worked very hard to make it a pleasant stay for everyone. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again.

Terri Beaulieu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for the Garmin Oz Marathon. As far as location, I think it was the closest hotel we could get. On Friday night as I was getting ready for bed, I walked into the bathroom and there were ants all over. I told the clerk at the front desk. He told me he would check into it. About 20 minutes later, he called and explained his manager said they had sprayed but the rain "probably washed it all away." I found this explanation odd as the bathroom wasn't even near the outer walls. In any event, he offered to either move to a 3rd floor room (away from my party) or to have maintenance re-spray the following morning. I wanted to be near my friends so I moved all of my stuff out of the bathroom. When we came back after the race, not only had the room not been sprayed, the ants had migrated to the whole room!

I'm not one to complain, but when I am promised that something is going to be done, it needs to get done - especially as far as insects are concerned. To the staff's credit, I did point this out at check out and they removed one of the nights from my bill.

The hotel does have a nice continental breakfast and the beds were comfortable.

While they tried to "make it right", I honestly would probably pick another hotel after this experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. Unfortunately this time of year brings pests along with better weather. Our exterminator had treated the inside of the building but had not been able to treat the outside due to the rain. The best way to combat ants is to get them at the location they enter. We have had the areas treated now however. We are pleased that the front desk adjusted your bill for the inconvenience.

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Though fairly new, the construction was poor and the walls thin. Things kept breaking--like the back door which was the only way in to avoid freezing rain and wind--and the orange juice machine at breakfast. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean. Excellent location but we will try somewhere else on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We do apologize that you encountered some inconveniences while you stayed with us. Unfortunately regardless of the amount of preventative maintenance that is done items still break. The repairs were made as timely as possible but we understand that it may have caused an inconvenience.

Mpls
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I hadn't stayed at a LaQuinta for a while so I thought I'd give it a try.The building is fairly new and the room was spacious and clean. I liked the memory foam on the bed. There were a lot of things, however, that would cause me to go back to the Hampton Inns where I usually stay:
- Staff were not real friendly
- Walls and doors were thin and didn't block noise very well.
- Breakfast was below average
- No express checkout
- Every morning there was a large group of truck driver trainees at breakfast and waiting in the lobby for a bus. Apparently this is an every day event for quite some time.
- Kleenex was like sandpaper
- The mall that is mentioned in an earlier review is essentially empty

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very impressed with the hotel. Will definitely stay here on our next visit to Olathe, KS.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Location was centrally located for restaurants, attractions, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hutchinson, Kansas
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were very clean and plenty of room. The staff was very friendly when we checked in and out. This was an excellent location also as it was near the mall, restaurants etc. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Arrived at 1230PM, asked for an early check in, front desk obliged. Newer property, friendly staff, plenty of parking, next to mall, many nearby restaurants, clean rooms. Excellent stay! What more do you need? If there is a downside, there is only one elevator.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business