“Wonderful”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was a beautiful and well-kept hotel! We only needed to stay one night, but were so happy with our visit! The beds were very comfortable, the staff was great and the cost was extremely reasonable (especially after using our AAA discount!). I was told that this is the nicest one in the chain of La Quinta hotels in the U.S., and I believe it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pzdrake

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The only thing we could nitpick at was the toddlers above us running around slightly annoyed us while we were trying to go to sleep . We could hear the one crying for the longest time and the slight pounding of their footsteps as they were running through the room above us . Eventually they went to sleep as wee did . As far as the hotel itself , it was super clean and very nice to stay at . If we were to return to the area , we would stay again .

Room Tip: Pets and kids should stay on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank H
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I won this hotel on Hotwire for $58 a night, so I guess at that price it was fine, but I wouldn't pay more. I am admittedly a hotel snob that usually stays in 5 star hotels, so maybe my expectations are too high. The room has a funny smell and stains on the carpet. However, the tempur pedic mattresses are nice, and it does seem to be clean with a GREAT air conditioner! If you want something newer or luxurious, I suggest trying another property. If you are on a budget and want an average room, then you will love this place. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I had a baby at the hospital across the street in April of 2010. We had family in from out of town that stayed here. Then, after we moved back home to Arkansas that summer, we had to travel back to town for business, and stayed here. Very clean, very new rooms. My car battery went dead (left the plug-in dvd player pluged in - oops), and the on-site manager came out to give me a jump. Very friendly staff, and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
lqolathe, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

I attended a continuing ed course at Olathe Medical Center & needed a close place to stay. The website does not do this place justice! Right across from the hospital and located next to a big mall. Room was clean & cozy! Fridge, microwave, free wireless, nice business desk with lots of outlets, awesome staff! I even got a reduced hospital rate! Would stay here again for sure!! P.S. single traveling female who felt very safe!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 12, 2011

This was my first stay at this location. I am going to be coming to Olathe a lot for the next few years so I was anxious to see how this property lined up against others in the area.

The rooms are very nice, the manager (Terri?) greeted me when I arrived and was very friendly and professional.

Two little issues that us road warriors dislike;
1. The coffee on the little desk near check-in was cold - at 7AM!
2. The bisquits in the breakfast area were also COLD. I overheard a couple of guests commenting about the "white hockey pucks" for breakfast.

However, anybody can make a mistake or overlook something like that. I am going back to this property on my next trip. We'll see how the coffee and bisquits are next time!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Perfect, clean, beautiful. Only thing was my elder dog couldn't climb the stairs in the back where they put us and it was rainy and slippery for her. They didn't know, it all worked out and the room was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo