Quality Inn & Suites Olathe - Kansas City
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I would not have stayed at this facility based on the reviews from Choice Hotels own site as they are terrible, cleaning issues, but family members were staying there also.
I called the facility the week before I arrived to see if all the issues they had posted the month of May had been addressed or if this was an ongoing problem. I was told they had not been checking the rooms as well as they should, but housekeeping was doing a better job. I decided to go ahead with my reservation and they had done a decent job. I did have to look at 4 different rooms before it was acceptable. The first room had not been touched since the last guest had left, yikes. The second non smoking room smelled so bad of smoke, I didn't get past the door. The third was good but when I went back to the front desk to accept that room, the girl said she had made a mistake. That room had 2 beds and my reservation was only for l bed, so she had me try out the 4th room. Finally after an exhausting search, that was good.
On my second day there, I called from my room to ask for a wakeup call the next morning at 5am. Terry took that request, but unfortunately, the call never came. Could have been bad since I had an early flight, but I had been awake since 3 worried that I wouldn't get the call.
I will not go back to this facility.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here several days. They have a very good breakfast area which was well stocked and tasted good. The room is very clean and functional. The parking is excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was that the air conditioner had a musty smell and they couldn't get rid of it, but they tried.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The worker behind the counter was extremely inconsiderate and was just smoking on the job all night! Tip: when people get treated poorly they write reviews like this. Try again confort inn. Couldn't talk to the guy behind the desk he was honestly just a pain! The overall stay wasn't that bad but a experience like that becomes all you see! Advise to not stay at this hotel because of bad service and being a little behind the times and not up to date

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been meaning to write this review for a while. I have been too busy to sit down and put our experience into text, but felt that the world needed to know. Today, I have time to tell our story :)

We arrived later in the evening on October 12, 2013 with two rooms booked for one night. Upon checking in, the grungy looking front desk employee greeted us (a very cold greeting at that). She sent us up to the 3rd floor, which reeked of smoke. We opened the doors to our rooms and immediately met back in the hall. Our non-smoking request was denied, and these smoking rooms were SMOKING ROOMS. I mean they were bad. I have stayed in rooms before where you could tell it was a smoking room but you were able to deal with it. No, both of our rooms were unbearable.

So, head down to the front desk to ask about switching rooms. She informs us that the hotel is sold out and there is nothing they can do. She gives us a bottle of air freshening spray they use on the rooms. We kind of laugh at this idea but go to use it anyways. The stuff was awful. Made the already horrible air polluted with chemicals.

We go back down to ask again, she says "Well did you not use the air freshener I gave you?" Yes, we did. It made it worse. We asked to speak with a manager. Apparently he was gone for the night, so she called him. She came back and said there is nothing he can do.

Now, during college, I worked at a front desk of a very nice hotel. I understand sold out situations; there isn't much you can do as far as rooms in your hotel. However, they could have put us up in a different hotel or offer to discount or pay for our stay. None of these options were exercised. Instead, be rude to your guests.

If they would have handled this professionally, I would have written a positive review applauding them. We travel every week for 4 months out of the year for business. This is the only "bad" experience I had this year at a hotel.

So, if you are ever looking for a hotel in this area, please, please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you don't care about smoke and service. Awful staff and management.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Shaun A
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I really enjoy staying at this hotel and wasn't disappointed. I use to live in Olathe as a child but it has grown so much I get easily lost - this area is sort of familiar to me and close to family. I love the heated indoor pool - so nice to be able to swim in the fall when we "go back" home. It has a nice breakfast-nothing fancy but plentiful and the same woman was there as the previous year taking care of the breakfast and chatting with guests.

Room Tip: All the rooms are accessed from inside and seem quiet so I can't recommend one over the other.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelinggrandma001
Reviewed December 2, 2013

A very frindly staff with clean rooms, a great location for us.It's laid out a little different than the other Comfort Inn's and was kind of hard to get on and off the elevator while pushing one of there carts with our bag's. But everything else is very good.Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family