“Will be back again!”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Iowa
“Will be back again!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was in town for the night and decided to stay at this Comfort Inn. Easy access from the interstate and I liked the idea that the hotel sits at the end of a dead end road, eliminating some road noise. Check in was good, the front desk person was very helpful. The room was clean, and I like having the fridge and microwave. There is an Aldi's grocery store closeby, so I stopped and got some snacks. There also is a Target near the hotel, too. I plan on being in the area next spring, and definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ritzville, Washington
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My only complaint was location. The hotel sits behind a bunch of other businesses and is a bit difficult to get to, but provides great access to shopping, food and the interstate. The staff was excellent and very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, MN
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were very pleased with the front desk staff, in particular, with Terry. He was very pleasant & helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much that we made a reservation for our return trip as well. The rooms were great: clean, beds very comfy, microwave & small fridge, and large bathroom. Free hot breakfast was good. Nice to have a pool & hot tub to relax in. Definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Requested room away from elevator & vending/ice. They do accomodate pets.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here several years ago and were quite satisfied, but this time we were disappointed in several ways. Although the staff who checked us in were very friendly, when walking into the room there was a distinct musty smell and when we turned up the fan on the a/c it blew out a strong moldy smell. Then we noticed the water damage on the ceiling, which explained it. There was definitely a level of humidity in the room, so much so that the the toilet paper and kleenex had a damp feel. In addition, they really skimp now on the toiletries (no conditioner, no water glasses, no shower caps) The toilet paper roll holder was obviously falling out of the wall. The fire alarm lights blinked constantly on the ceiling, which was pretty distracting. The bedding is dated and less comfortable than other similarly priced accommodations with ugly bedspreads and inexpensive pillows. There was even a garter snake in the hallway as we exited the elevator. Ugh. All in all it didn't live up to other Comfort Inns and Suites that we have visited recently.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gwyneth51
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel June 4th and 5th, 2012. This was my second time to Olathe in less than a month on business. I was relieved to find out my group was staying at the Comfort Inn since we had a relatively unpleasant experience at the Holiday Inn a few weeks prior. The breakfast was average at best, it was mostly clean (I only saw one dead cockroach on the lobby floor that was there for all of our days of the visit), and the staff, however, was extremely nice and helpful. If I had to go back to Olathe, I would pick this hotel over the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tammie H
Warrensburg, MO
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Booked a group stay here. Cancelled rooms, received cancellation number from Manager, called back to verify all rooms had been cancelled a few days later, told they were. A week later my card had been charged for the rooms. Manager states he does not recall speaking with me, cancellation number I was given is now showing up under another room? Owner refuses to do the right thing and refund my money. Choice Hotels will never receive any of my business again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Randolph, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We has a room right near the front desk. Convienent and it had a high ceiling. It was nice.

Most of my complaints are in regards to the amenities. The pool was freezing. My kids were shivering in there. I tried it but couldn't get in past my knee. One of the reasons that we stayed here was becuase of the pool. Not worth it.

As stated in other reviews the breakfast was horrible. I expected some sort of meat like sausage or bacon but all I got was bad eggs and biscuits and gravy. I had some coffee and took the kids out for breakfast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family