Lowest prices for your stay
BestWestern.com
Exclusive member rates
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews waffles great place to stay hot tub excellent breakfast kansas city would stay again staff was very friendly front desk clerk clean rooms bed was comfortable overland park fitness center bw pam mcdonalds interstate cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2017

This was a very nice hotel. It was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. They had a dispenser for soap and lotion by the bathroom sink and a dispenser in the tub/shower for shampoo, conditioner, and soap. What a great idea! The breakfast was very nice and had lots of options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
BW-Gen-Mgr, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Olathe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Hello Phyllis G,

We're thrilled to see that you and your team had a great experience while staying with us! Please let us know when you are ready to stay with us again, and we will gladly assist in making your next reservations. On behalf of all of us, thank you again for staying, and have a great week ahead!

Reviewed April 24, 2017

happened to me.
I can only review the service nightmare when I tried to change my arrival and stay dates. I had just booked the room, for three nights, but within a couple hours needed to change the dates for one week later due to meetings that were pushed. Seems simple enough? No way, not when you book through this company, Reservation Counters. Apparently Best Western allows 3rd party companies to override any of their own, and I was told I had to pay NO MATTER WHAT. At first I was told by this Olathe Best Western hotel manager, in a snide way, that I had to pay for all three nights, even though I couldn't even check in for several hours. And his reason was that I didn't book the room from the hotel direct or bust western.com. I HAD NO IDEA, I THOUGHT IT WAS THEIR SITE, IT HAD THEIR NAME IN IT. The jerk manager is named Matt, and I was not rude, he's truly a bitter person. So I called Best Western corporate, who told me something different, that the hotel owner could approve a change of the dates without charging me for every night booked. So lastly, I called the company Reservation Counter, who I unknowingly booked the room through. They let me out of two of the nights, but claimed their policy did not allow any changes without charging me for at least one night. Again, I was hours away from being able to check in, but still they insisted I had to pay for one night.
So this is more like a warning, and I doubt that it will post or stay posted, since this company is also a third party booking company, but I'll try anyway, and it helps some to tell a true and actual situation that can be avoided.
But if they don't post it, I'll paste it directly to my Facebook account, because the owners and management of this Best Western in Olathe, KS does not have integrity. In fact, this is an ugly reflection of the entire company of Best Western Hotels. It should not be legal to be tricked into thinking one is booking at a hotel only to discover that it wasn't the actual hotel, but a third party company, and the actual hotel company allowed their customers to be scammed in this way.
By the way, I disputed the charge, this company RESERVATION COUNTER, will never take my money for this trickery, and the more they try to push it, the louder and broader I will get. Companies like Best Western and this dubious third party company must learn they cannot operate a business with malicious intent. What they sow they will also reap.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
BW-Gen-Mgr, Owner at Best Western Plus Olathe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Sir,

I totally understand what you must be dealing with and how frustrated you must be with this situation. Trust me I've had to deal with 3rd party companies for various things and it is not fun.

We want to take any responsibility for any insensitivity we had in speaking to you when you called the hotel direct.

First, I am not sure you are talking about the correct hotel as we do not have anyone working here named Matt.

Second, we have no malicious intent in any transaction...if we did we would not be open very long and we've been open for 8+ years and had either #1 or #2 position on tripadvisor.com that whole time.

Third, because you dealt with a 3rd party the entire financial transaction happened with them. They have policies and we have our policies for no-shows. We get paid by the 3rd party and so we don't have much say, financially, when booked this way. What we have control over is the service provided at the hotel level once you get here, however, our records show you never arrived.

Fourth, since you did not stay here we feel unfairly judged on service as we never had the opportunity to service you and, more so, it seems unfair to judge the entirety of the brand because of your experience with this 3rd party.

When more layers are involved there is a higher chance of breakdown and it seems this is what happened because the 3rd party is involved and their unwillingness to take responsibility. Date changes happen all the time but it seems the 3rd party was unwilling to assist you and now it seems we get to take the blame, though we were never really involved with the transaction.

I can totally hear your anger, frustration and general sense of being taken in this whole mess and, for that, I feel your pain.

I hope you get what you are looking for from the 3rd party.

I would, however, appreciate it if you would refrain from publicly defaming my hotel and the chain for a mistake other people made.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

The hotel was easy to find. We were impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. We stayed here for a sports tournament. Our room faced the parking
lot, and we had an issue with noise that the staff quickly took care of. Coffee and breakfast were great.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW-Gen-Mgr, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Olathe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Hello Sherry C,

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review! I'm glad you had a wonderful visit. Our staff works hard and they take great pride in service and quality, and we appreciate you taking the time to praise us to the public!

Reviewed April 14, 2017

The hotel was spotless and very comfortable, the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Morning breakfast was excellent. Enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it. There are also several good restaurants near by.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BW-Gen-Mgr, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Olathe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

Hello Douglas G,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent travels. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us for your visit to our area and appreciate that you had a great experience. I am proud of my team delivering such great service for you.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Very clean And nice. Polite staff. It was waffles, eggs, biscuits, cereal and oatmeal for breakfast and more. Easy place and quick off interstate 35 for us passing through. We would do it again. Quiet rooms.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello fellmat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to share your feedback with others. We hope to welcome you back soon.