“Great Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Kansas City Mo
“Great Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel in Olathe Kansas. I thought the staff was exceptional, the hotel immaculate and the whole experience was pleasant. Front desk staff were knowledgable of the area and couldn't have been more helpful. Will definitely stay there again and tell my friends and business associates about this hotel when traveling to Olathe.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are spacious, great living room and full kitchen with granite counter tops. Love...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

I was only at this hotel for 1 night, but would have loved to stay longer! The free laundry was a godsend, the bed was very comfortable, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself was convenient to everything I needed in Olathe. Lots of parking, too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mexican58, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and the nice review. We do get a lot of compliments regarding the beds and location. We hope that whenever your travels bring you back to the area you will stay with us again.

Thank you again for the kinds words, I will be sure to share with our front desk staff.
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

While I enjoy this chain and have stayed in them in many different locations, I have stayed at the Olathe Candlewood about 4 or 5 times and each time I am disappointed in how clean this hotel is not. Bugs in light fixtures, the elevator walls are disgusting, even my key card is dirty, elevator tracks are dirty and in the room too many to list-but I do wonder how often the blankets and bed skirts are washed. Staff is very friendly at the front desk, but they need to hire or train their cleaning staff. Maybe the manager should stay in a room or two for a few days and see how we feel. If you read the reviews for all the Candlewood Suites in a 30 mile radius and none are that good. Maybe the representatives from the chain should visit and see if they should stay within the chain

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mexican58, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
I was very surprised to hear your comments, for I take great pride in our staff and our property. I was trying to research our log books and computer system to see if this information was passed onto our front desk staff so I may review our in house procedures. I was not able to find any information stating there was a guest who had concerns, especially a guest that was frequently coming back. You bring up some very good questions regarding the bedding. We do wash all bedding when a guest checks out and the skirts are sprayed with a cleaner and properly wiped down since they are not able to be machine washed. You also suggested that a manager stay on property to get the guest experience. Since I have taken this position, last May, I have done exactly that once a month staying in different rooms. I do believe this is the reason our reviews have increased dramatically and overall hotel scores. I am asking if you don't mind contacting me so I may get some more information to continue researching your concerns. I do take these concerns seriously and would love to continue to earn your business. Since you have stayed her frequently I do believe you have our phone number and just ask for the General Manager.
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

That's how we feel when we arrive at this location.

We are Priority Club members so we choose Candlewood or Holiday Inn/Express over any other brand. Our employer requires us to use Corporate Lodging so we stay in motels 350+ days a year.

Being full-time travelers we are not afraid to voice our opinions -- thanks Trip Advisor for making it simple & possible. I only book a room based on a favorableTA review.

THIS location, and THIS staff (Sarah is THE BEST front desk clerk ever!) are so superior to others we stay in that we really feel like we are coming home when we get the opportunity to work in Kansas City.

PROS: Clean, SPACIOUS rooms; free guest laundry, plenty of parking space - even for our 40' fifth-wheel!; QUIET rooms (we never hear neighbors stomping on the floor above us); convenient to restaurants, I-35, Walgreens, grocery store, hospital, mall; did I say FRIENDLY front desk staff

EXTRAS unique to this CS: leather recliner; granite countertops, luxurious NEW linens, complete kitchen dishes, glasses, pots N pans, silverware, 2 large trash cans, free papertowels, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap. (Not every CS offers these items-their excuse is often "we're out"); CLEAN washer & dryer; beds are "the bomb!" (super, super luxurious linens and mattress)

CONS: none!

Their motto "Unpack. And settle in." fits us to a tee. It's EXACTLY what we do when we arrive to OUR home away from home ... Candlewood Suites - Olathe, KS.

Can you tell we REALLY, REALLY like this place? If we could give it a 10, we would.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but the ones facing the front of the hotel have a nice view overlooking an o...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stay at thsi suite every month, and it has been a while since my bad expereince. They fixed it, and have not made a mistake since. Staff has always been friendly, and the hotel is safe, and has a safe feeling. Clean, etc.

Room Tip: The view is about the same, and rooms are consistent.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Very nice hotel. Brand new. Close to I35. There is a Price Chopper in the vicinity, Target. Fully equipped kitchen, very spacious, brand new hotel. Beds, linens and pillows are great. Lots of kitchen utensils, dishes and plates. Wireless internet. Last year we stayed at Extended America hotel - no comparison. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Choose the one that faces plaza and not a freeway
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

325+ days a year in motels is normal for us. We aren't divas', but we do expect some of the conveniences of home and this brand DELIVERS!

This is our first experience with Candlewood and we are switching loyalty because of the wonderful experience here.

A full kitchen with granite countertops, dishwasher and ALL supplies we need - even papertowels. Flat screen TV and leather recliner. FREE laundry & DVDs for guest use - yep, it's included too. A BBQ grill and exercise room too.

The linens are textured and fluffy, the beds super comfy. The staff is superb - Sara and James have treated us like their personal neighbors.

A 6 out of 5 stars for sure. Nothing at all to ding. DO stay here any opportunity you have - even if you need to drive a little further.

Room Tip: East side faces undeveloped lot, so we have a nice view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business