“Honey! We're HOME ! :-)”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed January 19, 2012

That's how we feel when we arrive at this location.

We are Priority Club members so we choose Candlewood or Holiday Inn/Express over any other brand. Our employer requires us to use Corporate Lodging so we stay in motels 350+ days a year.

Being full-time travelers we are not afraid to voice our opinions -- thanks Trip Advisor for making it simple & possible. I only book a room based on a favorableTA review.

THIS location, and THIS staff (Sarah is THE BEST front desk clerk ever!) are so superior to others we stay in that we really feel like we are coming home when we get the opportunity to work in Kansas City.

PROS: Clean, SPACIOUS rooms; free guest laundry, plenty of parking space - even for our 40' fifth-wheel!; QUIET rooms (we never hear neighbors stomping on the floor above us); convenient to restaurants, I-35, Walgreens, grocery store, hospital, mall; did I say FRIENDLY front desk staff

EXTRAS unique to this CS: leather recliner; granite countertops, luxurious NEW linens, complete kitchen dishes, glasses, pots N pans, silverware, 2 large trash cans, free papertowels, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher soap. (Not every CS offers these items-their excuse is often "we're out"); CLEAN washer & dryer; beds are "the bomb!" (super, super luxurious linens and mattress)

CONS: none!

Their motto "Unpack. And settle in." fits us to a tee. It's EXACTLY what we do when we arrive to OUR home away from home ... Candlewood Suites - Olathe, KS.

Can you tell we REALLY, REALLY like this place? If we could give it a 10, we would.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but the ones facing the front of the hotel have a nice view overlooking an o...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stay at thsi suite every month, and it has been a while since my bad expereince. They fixed it, and have not made a mistake since. Staff has always been friendly, and the hotel is safe, and has a safe feeling. Clean, etc.

Room Tip: The view is about the same, and rooms are consistent.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Very nice hotel. Brand new. Close to I35. There is a Price Chopper in the vicinity, Target. Fully equipped kitchen, very spacious, brand new hotel. Beds, linens and pillows are great. Lots of kitchen utensils, dishes and plates. Wireless internet. Last year we stayed at Extended America hotel - no comparison. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Choose the one that faces plaza and not a freeway
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2011

325+ days a year in motels is normal for us. We aren't divas', but we do expect some of the conveniences of home and this brand DELIVERS!

This is our first experience with Candlewood and we are switching loyalty because of the wonderful experience here.

A full kitchen with granite countertops, dishwasher and ALL supplies we need - even papertowels. Flat screen TV and leather recliner. FREE laundry & DVDs for guest use - yep, it's included too. A BBQ grill and exercise room too.

The linens are textured and fluffy, the beds super comfy. The staff is superb - Sara and James have treated us like their personal neighbors.

A 6 out of 5 stars for sure. Nothing at all to ding. DO stay here any opportunity you have - even if you need to drive a little further.

Room Tip: East side faces undeveloped lot, so we have a nice view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here for 5 weeks with my family and 2 dogs. The management was wonderful and very caring and the room was well equipped. The bed was comfy and the electronics were good. My only concern was the disorganization of the housekeeping staff. It was a constant effort to get them to come and clean on their scheduled day. However, one of the managers cleaned my room herself when it became clear housekeeping wasn't going to get it done. The staff was fabulous about my dogs and I felt very welcome, but some guests were absolutely terrified of dogs. I think people who don't like animals should choose a non pet-friendly place to stay so everyone can be happy. Overall, we were pleased to call candlewood our home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 4, 2011

such a nice end to a very hectic trip....we were almost home. Suite was nice, super clean and "felt like home". Would stay there again when in KC

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a business travelors hotel. The rooms are equipt with a mini kitchen with free coffe and popcorn. The rooms are spacious and were clean. The staff was friendly. There is knowone at the desk towards the evening. If you are arriving late, you will not get a room. The doors are locked. I asked the hotel for extra pillows and blankets in which they didnt have any so they tried looking in rooms that were not cleaned. I needed 2 double beds but they could not accomodate me. The bed was extremely comfortable. The floor bounces loudly when walked upon in the halls waking up other guests. They a nice fitness center and was clean. The staff was super friendly. This hotel chain is about $30 or$ 40 cheaper than the Staybridege Suites also owned by the same company. It is nice for the money with nice rooms with lots of extras. If they had double beds I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you arrive and register early to make sure you can get into your room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
mexican58, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

To Bartlesville Oklahoma - The Candlewood Suites in Olathe is a all suite property with full kitchens equipped with all the cookware as well as dishes to prepare most meals needed during any length of stay. Along with all the free in room amenities you also enjoyed FREE WIFI and Laundry facility. We are one of the Candlewoods that do offer 24 hours of front desk service which prohibits us from being unable to lock any doors. However, if there are guest needs our front desk attendant will leave the front desk to assist them and there is a sign that we use to indicate we will be right back. I do apologize that we didn't have extra pillow or blanket at the time of your late check in. Sometimes those extra items are on a first come bases especially when the hotel is sold out for the night. The Candlewood has 85 suites and plenty of them with two double beds, without details of how your reservation was made, unfortunately I can not comment on why we did not have the proper room. If you would like to share that information with me I would be more than happy to research. This hotel was built in 2008 and honestly this is the first time I have heard the floor bounces when walked on. Typically with new construction this is not the case. Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments regarding our staff and how clean the hotel was, we take proud in our hotel and do what we can to be successful. I do believe this comes from being individually owned unlike most properties which our ownership is supportive to the staff needs. I hope you will give us another opportunity we would love to have you. If you would like to contact me, call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the General Manager. Thank you