“Average for Italian - Sad for Garozzo's”
Review of Garozzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We are huge Garozzo's fans and have eaten at each one in the Kansas City area. After almost 2-years of not eating at the Olathe site, we decided to give it another try. Considering the place was nearly empty, service was so-so, and recent reviews, there is a need for management intervention. The bread was cold and hard, meal was so-so. My pasta was swimming in what I think was olive oil. Seafood Lasagna was missing the seafood. The chicken spiedini was excellent as was the veil; however, the good did not outweigh the so-so.

Overall, we are tainted by our other Garozzo's experiences. Our experience at the College Blvd location a month ago was outstanding. This was average at best, especially considering the price.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I were visiting and looking for Italian restaurants in the area. We arrived in the evening around 7 p.m. and there were only a few cars. We walked in and saw several people at the bar and about 15% of the restaurant tables filled. There was no hostess, so one of the waiters came to seat us. We ordered garlic bread and both ordered pasta dishes. We got the bread promptly, then the salad. Then we waited and waited. The waiter came back several times to apologize for the wait from the kitchen so I do not believe it was his fault, remember the resturant was not even 20% full. Only two other tables had been seated since we arrived. When the food finally arrived I had the homemade Gnocchi in Vodka sauce which was very good. The pasta was priced a bit on the high side, but the portion was huge and we took over half of it home. My husband's pasta was not as good. The meal ended up taking 3 hours. As a result of the wait and the prices I would not return to this restaurant. There are better choices for good Italian food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It had been a while since we ate at a Garozzo's in the Kansas City area. We still remember the awesome olive oil dip and bread appetizer from our last visit. Unfortunately, even this was not enough to salvage our dinner. My husband's veal selection was overcooked and my so-called Cabonara (with fresh spinach) dish was swimming in the absolute "thickest, heaviest" alfredo sauce I have ever eaten! This would not have been so bad if the waiter/bartender had not promised a true carbonara from their chef! So disappointing...

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I hosted 20 people for dinner, and even narrowed (in advance) menu choices to make things easier. The good news is that we had a really good server, but the bad is that we only had one person for most of the night. We sat down at 6:30, and walked out at 9 pm-yikes. Some of our party had not received their entree's while others were completely done. I thought the food was good, but unfortunately, after 2 1/2 hours, it needed to be fantastic.
Might be ok for small parties, but will never go back with a group. Not a good choice for entertaining business associates.

1  Thank jimsigmund
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The food is ok but I have had better. The prices are very high for what you receive. The service is haughty. Do not as for suggestions or order a moderately priced wine.