“Good food, but can't execute larger groups”
Review of Garozzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I hosted 20 people for dinner, and even narrowed (in advance) menu choices to make things easier. The good news is that we had a really good server, but the bad is that we only had one person for most of the night. We sat down at 6:30, and walked out at 9 pm-yikes. Some of our party had not received their entree's while others were completely done. I thought the food was good, but unfortunately, after 2 1/2 hours, it needed to be fantastic.
Might be ok for small parties, but will never go back with a group. Not a good choice for entertaining business associates.

1  Thank jimsigmund

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The food is ok but I have had better. The prices are very high for what you receive. The service is haughty. Do not as for suggestions or order a moderately priced wine.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great Italian food! Have been to Garozzos many times and the food is without equal in my opinion. The signature chicken spedini is worth a visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Kind of over-priced for what you get. We had toasted ravioli for an app and I could have bought the same thing at HyVee for half the price. It was noisy b/c there was a family with small children nearby and the food was just 'ok' especially for the price we paid.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to Garozzo's with 3 co-workers. The oil served with the bread was fantastic. A mix of olive oil, garlic, cheese, basil and parsely I could have eaten the entire bowl before even looking at the menu! The menu was extensive and had a nice selection of pastas and meats. A bit expensive, but the portions were very large and could easily have been shared between two people. I started with a wedge salad that was incredible. I then had the vodka gnocchi and it was (bar-none) the best I've ever had anywhere in the world (Italy included). For dessert, I had the Cafe Garozzo which is a house specialty. A blend of spcies, coffee (decaf) and alcohol, it was a fantastic way to end a great meal on a chilly night. My co-workers ordered the canoli and cheesecake and noted that they were small and "average" for those of you that are big dessert fans. I would not keep this from making my recommendation a 5 star, however, as everything else was superb.