“I love Italian but this place was not that impressive”
Review of Garozzo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Kind of over-priced for what you get. We had toasted ravioli for an app and I could have bought the same thing at HyVee for half the price. It was noisy b/c there was a family with small children nearby and the food was just 'ok' especially for the price we paid.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went to Garozzo's with 3 co-workers. The oil served with the bread was fantastic. A mix of olive oil, garlic, cheese, basil and parsely I could have eaten the entire bowl before even looking at the menu! The menu was extensive and had a nice selection of pastas and meats. A bit expensive, but the portions were very large and could easily have been shared between two people. I started with a wedge salad that was incredible. I then had the vodka gnocchi and it was (bar-none) the best I've ever had anywhere in the world (Italy included). For dessert, I had the Cafe Garozzo which is a house specialty. A blend of spcies, coffee (decaf) and alcohol, it was a fantastic way to end a great meal on a chilly night. My co-workers ordered the canoli and cheesecake and noted that they were small and "average" for those of you that are big dessert fans. I would not keep this from making my recommendation a 5 star, however, as everything else was superb.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Garozzo's is a Kansas City up-scale Italian staple. For an Ialian restuarant, the food is really good, but expect to pay an incredibly high price. Side salads are $5.50 and entres are around $20. There have been a few Groupons ($20 for $40 in food), so be sure to have one before you go. Again, really great food, just expensive.

1  Thank gabi_kansas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our first dining experience at Garozzo's last weekend. We weren't sure what to expect but we were quite pleased with the attentive service, tasty dining options and great portion sizes. Though it was a Saturday night, we didn't feel rushed or that our service was slow.

We tried the spiedini and were quite impressed with the great flavor and tender (and moist) chicken. We also tried some other pasta options, none of which left us disappointed.

The vanilla pana cota for dessert was luxurious and we were happy with the evening.

The only downside was the AC was blowing on us the whole meal and the restaurant was quite cold.

1  Thank okmac
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had the fettuccini Alfredo and the gnocci with vodka cream sauce. I added chicken to the gnocchi. The food was fantastic! Definitely the best two sauces I've ever had. We were disappointed in the bread though. (We like us some good bread at Italian restaurants!). The bread was good, but not great. It didn't taste homemade. Then we had the chocolate torte for dessert. That was very very good, but we didn't care for the whipped cream layer. That part had a freezer taste to it. The two chocolate layers and the sauce on the side made up for that! I'd order everything I got again.

The price was not so good. We used a groupon ($40 worth for $15) and still payed $25 more at the restaurant. It was too pricy to come without a groupon.

1  Thank ErinKuchar