All reviewsfirst floorstay there againthe ownernext morningroom restaurantgreat place to visitbanktellergarylandmarkhistoryopportunityinternetcenturyerajourneypast
Reviewed October 4, 2016

This building is a beautiful landmark bank which was lovingly and successfully converted into an inn with spacious suites. Ours had a sitting room with TV and a Murphy bed. The onsite restaurant, The Teller Room was charming and the food was delicious. Highly recommend. It was a wonderful change from the accommodations we usually encounter on our drive cross-country. Rt.36 v I-70. No brainer.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pearlcapemay
outwestcat, Owner at LandMark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed August 11, 2016

What a quaint bed and breakfast with great old time friendly service and cleanliness. We took a couple friends to the Teller Room today for lunch and as always the food was great and one can can just sit and imagine what took place in the building a hundred years before. The rooms are very comfortable and are priced for a good value. You won't be disappointed with the food or the accommodations. .

Room Tip: Make reservations early for a ground floor room if you cannot climb stairs as it is two story.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank catfarmer2013
Reviewed June 17, 2016

What fun to be able stay in such a unique property. 7 unique suites which all looked comfortable. Air-conditioned and furnished with antiques. Beds were so comfortable and our room was so quiet. TV and Wifi available. No refrigerator or micro-waves but we didn't need or want either. Gary treated us so well. Normally he doesn't fix dinner on Wednesdays but he was planning on fixing dinner for another party staying there so he accommodated us as well. Delicious lemon salmon and beef brisket with all the great sides, salad and rolls. Wonderful dessert choices. Breakfast the next morning was included and it was delicious also. This place is such a nice alterative to standard chains. Friendly town right off U.S. 36 in Kansas.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victorian Cottage room on 3rd floor...two queen beds.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Daphne1968
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Being an old bank, this is a very interesting place to stay. Lots of steps to get to our room, but the room was nice and clean and roomy. The restaurant downstairs has good food but it was a bit pricey for the buffet.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2016

We needed a place to stay in Oberlin where my great-grandparents homesteaded and lived for many years. My grandmother was born in Oberlin in 1880. It was fun for me to stay in this historic site with the rooms totally decorated in period pieces. There were antique decorative items in each room. Our room had old, original, curtains, very fragile and torn due to age and fragility. I realize many would say, shabby, and they shouldn't be there. As a person very interested in textiles, I felt privileged to see such fine antique items in their natural setting. We had dinner there, and our host did the cooking. A fine meal and very satisfying. The high school student serving us was cute, but could use a little training in service, which I'm sure our host will take care of. We had to ask to have our candle lit as dusk fell. We had to ask for a few other things now, but I can't remember what. He was, however, very polite and we enjoyed the experience. Breakfast came with the stay, which, again, was quite nice. My only suggestion there would be to offer some fruit juice, orange would be my request. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Call to determine the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family