All reviewsfirst floorstay there againthe ownernext morningroom restaurantgreat place to visitbanktellergarylandmarkhistoryopportunityinternetcenturyerajourneypast
Reviewed June 17, 2016

What fun to be able stay in such a unique property. 7 unique suites which all looked comfortable. Air-conditioned and furnished with antiques. Beds were so comfortable and our room was so quiet. TV and Wifi available. No refrigerator or micro-waves but we didn't need or want either. Gary treated us so well. Normally he doesn't fix dinner on Wednesdays but he was planning on fixing dinner for another party staying there so he accommodated us as well. Delicious lemon salmon and beef brisket with all the great sides, salad and rolls. Wonderful dessert choices. Breakfast the next morning was included and it was delicious also. This place is such a nice alterative to standard chains. Friendly town right off U.S. 36 in Kansas.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victorian Cottage room on 3rd floor...two queen beds.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Daphne1968
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Being an old bank, this is a very interesting place to stay. Lots of steps to get to our room, but the room was nice and clean and roomy. The restaurant downstairs has good food but it was a bit pricey for the buffet.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2016

We needed a place to stay in Oberlin where my great-grandparents homesteaded and lived for many years. My grandmother was born in Oberlin in 1880. It was fun for me to stay in this historic site with the rooms totally decorated in period pieces. There were antique decorative items in each room. Our room had old, original, curtains, very fragile and torn due to age and fragility. I realize many would say, shabby, and they shouldn't be there. As a person very interested in textiles, I felt privileged to see such fine antique items in their natural setting. We had dinner there, and our host did the cooking. A fine meal and very satisfying. The high school student serving us was cute, but could use a little training in service, which I'm sure our host will take care of. We had to ask to have our candle lit as dusk fell. We had to ask for a few other things now, but I can't remember what. He was, however, very polite and we enjoyed the experience. Breakfast came with the stay, which, again, was quite nice. My only suggestion there would be to offer some fruit juice, orange would be my request. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Call to determine the best room for your needs.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2016

The LandMark Inn is a highly prized combination of Old West Elegance, and modern touches, as in high-speed fiber-optic internet services. Food and presentation are to write home about, and text to your friends; Classic, healthy, and favorites side by side!

Rooms have special themes, as in the "Judges Chambers", and the "Canopy Bed" favorites, as well as Jacuzzi-Tub Modern Wing suites. All decorated with rare period pieces, photographs, and coordinated furnishings.

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in the Teller Dining Room are all memorable, with surprising selections you will enjoy, long past the meal. The adjoining Emporium resembles not so much a Gift and Jewelry opportunity, as a museum-collection of favorite toys and special items from another era, which felt more genuine, and produced more joy. A one-of-a-kind find, on the Route 36 "400 Mile Main Street" along the beautiful rolling hills of Northern Kansas.

Room Tip: Old West Elegance in the upstairs suites; Jacuzzi-Tub Rooms in the West Wing.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2015

Two years ago I had a business lunch meeting at the Landmark Inn. The food was wonderful. I was enchanted by this beautiful old building. It's just two hours from home so it was unlikely that I would have the opportunity to stay overnight here. When there was a two day meeting in Oberlin I jumped at the chance to stay here. It's simply lovely. I felt at home immediately.
I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business