“One of the cleanest and quietest motels that I have stayed at”
Review of 1st Travel Inn

1st Travel Inn
and 1 more site!
1st Travel Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Very highly recommended. Owner and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The area is quiet and safe. Very easy to get to. Did not have any of the highway noise that most places have. The best value that I have found in a long time for the quality and friendliness that you receive. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank tomdamnit
There are newer reviews for 1st Travel Inn

Reviewed December 3, 2009

This motel is a step back in time. It retains much of its 1950s era decor as a U.S. Highway 83 motel: Outside room entrances, aqua tile in the bathrooms, simple furnishings, and not that many rooms. The proprietors seem to live in quarters attached to the property. I have stayed there twice in the last few years and have had suitable experiences both times, and with different owners. You have to drive a couple of miles off of I-70 into downtown Oakley to get to it. I like the fact that it is away from the loud interstate traffic. The small town main street location has a certain charm to it. The hotel is clean, but not fancy at all. Prices are modest. This hotel is not as nice as most hotels I rate three stars on this web site, but it is much better than "poor"(the two-star rating), so call it two and one-half stars. Plus the price is very good. They have their own web site and you can book direct and sometime save a bit more.

This motel seems to do a lot of its business with people just passing through on I-70 and hunters during season.

Note that this is not the 1st Interstate Inn, which is a different motel close to I-70.

Finally, Oakley has some very good and interesting local restaurants for the traveler.

I probably will return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerKC
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and I left home for a much anyicipated trip and he was unexpedtedly hospitalized the night before our reservation and they will not make an exception even for that. The man on the phone said he had no proof. Well, obviously if my husband is in the hospital, I can provide proof. He was quite rude.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jaws48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
#1 of 10 in Colby
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#3 of 6 in Oakley

Been to 1st Travel Inn? Share your experiences!