“Clean Clean Clean”

and 1 more site!
1st Travel Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Reviewed April 15, 2011

After reading all the positive reviews, I chose to stay here on a cross country trip with my dog this Spring. I was not disappointed. It's a very basic renovated motel from the 50s, with all the modern amenities and improvements one expects. Charming and homey, but nothing extraordinary. I'm giving it five stars for outstanding fresh-scrubbed cleanliness!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank nytraveller33

Reviewed July 15, 2010

This was a nice, clean, inexpensive hotel. It's a bit dated but the room was spotless. I was traveling with my family including our dog and needed a place to spend the night. We read positive reviews for this hotel online and decided to check it out. It was perfect for us. The price was very modest. The room was not fancy but had everything we were looking for including a refrigerator, a microwave and a comfortable bed. The owner who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. We were really impressed with how clean the room was, especially given its age. We spilled some water on the floor and used a white towel to clean it up. After scrubbing the floor the towel was still perfectly white. If I'm ever ever passing through, I'll stop again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank rdfager
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Very highly recommended. Owner and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The area is quiet and safe. Very easy to get to. Did not have any of the highway noise that most places have. The best value that I have found in a long time for the quality and friendliness that you receive. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank tomdamnit
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This motel is a step back in time. It retains much of its 1950s era decor as a U.S. Highway 83 motel: Outside room entrances, aqua tile in the bathrooms, simple furnishings, and not that many rooms. The proprietors seem to live in quarters attached to the property. I have stayed there twice in the last few years and have had suitable experiences both times, and with different owners. You have to drive a couple of miles off of I-70 into downtown Oakley to get to it. I like the fact that it is away from the loud interstate traffic. The small town main street location has a certain charm to it. The hotel is clean, but not fancy at all. Prices are modest. This hotel is not as nice as most hotels I rate three stars on this web site, but it is much better than "poor"(the two-star rating), so call it two and one-half stars. Plus the price is very good. They have their own web site and you can book direct and sometime save a bit more.

This motel seems to do a lot of its business with people just passing through on I-70 and hunters during season.

Note that this is not the 1st Interstate Inn, which is a different motel close to I-70.

Finally, Oakley has some very good and interesting local restaurants for the traveler.

I probably will return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerKC
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and I left home for a much anyicipated trip and he was unexpedtedly hospitalized the night before our reservation and they will not make an exception even for that. The man on the phone said he had no proof. Well, obviously if my husband is in the hospital, I can provide proof. He was quite rude.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jaws48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
Kansas Country Inn
#1 of 10 in Colby
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 10 in Colby

Been to 1st Travel Inn? Share your experiences!