“Love it”

Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
“Love it”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Staff amazing, rooms, halls, pool area super clean. Beds amazing very comfortable. Only bummer no microwaves or refrigerators in rooms. But great atmosphere!! Stay here!! 2 thumbs up A++ the house keepers very professional very clean very thorough. This is where I will stay every time I am in the area!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ron R, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Nathan
I would like to thank you for your wonderful reveiw and let you know I am checking into getting microwaves and refrigerators in all our rooms. I will pass this on to the rest of the team as incouragement to keep up the good work! Again thank you and hope you stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a great hotel with only two draw backs. The toilet and facial tissue leave a lot to be desired. You would be wise to bring you own tissue. The room door was sprung too heavily making it very hard to open which made it and adventure to get the bags in and out of the room.
Staff was friendly and efficient. Great, comfortable bed. Not all the rooms have a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Many Sleep Inns we've stayed at have paper thin walls. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was quiet even though we were across from the elevators. Friendly front desk clerk. Good breakfast. Hotel convenient off/on from I-70. We stayed here in June 2012 because it was close to Monument Rocks which we thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elphaba
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I travel with the pipeline, so I've seen my share of hotels, and I was very displeased with this place, and my room! The door is so heavy I couldn't hold it open and try to get my bags inside, and the door try's to close so quick behind you and outrageously loud! The bathtub had dirt stains on the bottom of the tub, the fosset had splotches where it hasn't even been wiped off! And the noise in the hallways, and upstairs, we came here to rest, not to listen to a party! Not impressed or slightly pleased!

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay. We were traveling through and this met our needs, comfortable bed, decent breakfast, although I heard the truck stop across the road has a great breakfast. Other choices around seem like they might be a more adventurous choice, but we weren't up for that this go around.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here Sunday, Sept 22nd, the same night that reviewer Alana C mentions. Although our 3rd floor room was spotless, we heard from other guests about a number of guests who were given uncleaned 1st floor rooms. I don't blame the desk clerk for this, as I understand that the housekeeping supervisor had signed off on the rooms.

However, I must fault the desk clerk for one thing: she apparently gave keys to our room to the folks who had been standing behind us in the check-in line. We saw those folks across the street at the Buckhorn restaurant, and they told us the first room they entered had our bags in it. They were nice honest folks, so no harm was done to us by this mistake, but it shouldn't have happened. In the clerk's defense, there were about half a dozen families in line with us to check in, all of whom arrived in the space of 5 minutes; I imagine it was the longest line she'd faced all day.

Our room was really very nice, in very good shape, and very clean. We slept very well. The clerk was friendly and seemed genuinely interested in helping us enjoy our stay. The continental breakfast was perfectly fine.

We can confirm the observation made by reviewer wpatravelers about the smell outdoors. A strong manure smell was blowing off the property across the road, but it was not noticeable in the hotel, except in the lobby when the front door opened.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Tried to stay here Sunday, Sept 22nd. Stopped at 7:30pm and the desk clerk was giving out rooms that had not been cleaned. This happened to three people while we waited for a refund. The manager could not be reached, houskeeping had not done thier job for that day, the room given to us was dirty, not made up and not cleaned. People before us had tried 3 rooms that were uncleaned, person before them had uncleaned room. We waited 15 minutes for a refund so we could drive the next town to a hotel. Met the people who were trying to stay there after us at the Best Western down the road. Their room was unclean also that was given to them.
I felt sorry for the desk clerk but down the road when we talked to them they didn't seem one bit surprised. This is a bad way to run a hotel and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: drive down the road to the next town and stay there