“met our needs”

Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at the Sleep Inn when we went to Oakley for business and visited relatives in the area. The room was clean and the vanity was large with two sets of outlets. Beds were comfortable. The locks on outside doors worked, so felt secure in the hotel. Truck stop across the highway was close for an evening meal. Breakfast was good. The staff were great. The hotel accepts pets and for this trip we had to bring our little one. Although the hotel was little bit more in price than the older ones in the area, we felt that it was worth it.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the ice machine. The noise from the machine did not bother either of us, but...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dexter80007
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Bringing in 2013 will be very memorable.... After a difficult 9 hour drive making only 360 miles on the icy Interstate, we decided we didn't want to fall off the road like so many others had. The Sleep Inn was welcoming and comfortable. Accepting of pets. The room was fantastic. The only restaurant was across the street at the truck stop, the Buckhorn, I think. Oh, it was an atmospheric New Year's Eve venue. After dinner, the dip in the indoor hot tub (which was over chlorinated) and the pool was nice. No fireworks keeping us up until midnight in Oakley, Kansas.
Disappointed New Years breakfast didn't last longer, we missed it! Oh well. Thanks for being a shelter in the storm.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I knew this would happen. I'm going through, writing my reviews from our trip and I don't remember every hotel room as well as I should to write a proper review.

I will say this, I remember our stay in Oakley being a very smart move on our part (good job, me!). We were planning on staying in Colby that night, but I was tired and the short additional drive to Colby seemed to be just a little too much to take. Plus, there were a couple things we wanted to do between Oakley and Colby, so it would have been (and was) easier to do them in the morning when there was light. This hotel played nicely into this. It was clean, reasonably priced, and I don't remember much else about it. The fact that I don't remember much else about it speaks to its quality. I remember most of the other hotels for all the wrong reasons. I'm pretty sure this was a pleasant stay, and mostly clean (there was a streak of hotel stays where we found a long hair somewhere in the room - generally the shower, and I'm pretty sure this was no exception). Hair notwithstanding, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a long overdue review of the Sleep Inn Oakley, where my family and I enjoyed an overnight stay in late July during a cross-country drive. The hotel is fresh and clean (i think it's newly built); the beds are comfortable. It features and indoor pool (not heated), which my toddler enjoyed during our stay. The free breakfast in the morning included hot (waffles, eggs, bacon, oatmeal) and cold options (cereals, breads, yogurt, fruit). Unfortunately, there are limited lunch or dinner options nearby. The front desk clerk (who was very helpful) directed us to the truck stop restaurant across the street or the Colonial Steakhouse, one exit west of the hotel. The steakhouse was definitely the better option. The nearby town of Colby seemed to have a bit more in the way of local amenities (Starbucks, Wal-Mart, Subway, etc.) and they also have a Sleep Inn. I think if we did the drive again we'd stay in Colby just to be closer to more restaurants, but the Sleep Inn Oakley was perfectly fine option for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The motel is clean inside and out. The rooms are spacious, with comfortable beds. The staff was very nice, and helpful. The Inn is located outside of Oakley in a quiet location with easy access to I-70. There is a very good good restaurant across the street in the truck stop. Geat food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RebelYell33
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here while traveling I-70. It was clean and comfortable. Nice indoor pool and hot tub. I slept well. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was adequate. It also was not expensive. It would be my choice again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed overnight at this Sleep Inn and found it to be a nice place to briefly stay. The rooms were clean, quiet, comfortable and adequately furnished. The breakfast was satifsying. We had eaten dinner before our arrival but there did not seem to be a restaurant nearby. There was a gas station/market across the street and there may have been a restaurant in it that we did not see.

Room Tip: All rooms should be good. It is far enough off the interstate to not be a problem.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
Kansas Country Inn
#7 of 10 in Colby
Days Inn Colby
Days Inn Colby
#5 of 10 in Colby

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley? Share your experiences!