“Very nice.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oakley
“Very nice.”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This was a very nice place to stay. It is updated, clean, friendly, and provide an excellent breakfast. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This hotel has been rated well by their company, and they deserve the award. When we checked in, the staff was very courteous and helpful. The rooms were prestine, and it was the most enjoyable stay of our trip back. All of the hotels we researched in this area were above average in price, so I think their price is fair. Anyone looking for somewhere to stop off of I-70 in west Kansas should make this their destination.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Palco
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I booked this place for a class I was attending and had to stay longer due to snow and ice. The people were very accomidating and I had no trouble getting the extra night I needed. The pool and exercise were both wonderful. The breakfast was okay with a good assortment.The room was nice just wish it would have had a fridge and microwave. There is a resturant across the road within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Victoria B
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was at this location for 6 weeks on business. On my first billing period. I was over-charged on 4 nights. I brought it to the attention of the staff and was told the manager will have to take care of it. That took 4 WEEKS to be taken care of. It could have been an honest mistake and it was fixed. No big deal. Moving forward. On my last billing period I was overcharged for 4 nights again, DOUBLE charged on a random night during that period AND I ended up having a "mysterious" $594 charge on card that the manager "does not recognize". Almost $800 worth of mistakes! The Manager, Ron, said it does not show up on his end. I'm baffled. So, I spoke with my bank and it's clearly from that Sleep Inn; same authorization number and everything. I had my bank call the Manager and he still denies it. I'm having to waste my time and the banks time by filing a claim. Long story short: Understaffed, few of which even seem qualified and POOR management. I sincerely hope something changes there. I have never had this type of experience and not usually one to speak bad of a hotel. I've never even done a review but this really upsets me. Stay at another place in Oakley or drive a little further to Colby, KS.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Graycen
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Nice place, under 2 years old it still feels new and smells good. Very pet friendly nice breakfast. Their are 7 hotels from very cheap to average, this place is the place to stay. For the most part the staff was friendly the younger desk help seemed a little rough not as friendly but overall thumbs up!

Room Tip: I had a suite if it is in your budgget go for it they are nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Murphy, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I realize that pets can be a problem, but I couldn't get past the smell. I even washed my dog to see if it was him. They came down with febreeze, but it didn't help. It might have been my nose in overdrive but even the bedspread smelled. The staff didn't like me complaining, but I didn't want to get billed for it. Other wise the room was nice and comfortable and the grounds were good for dog walking. Right off the highway!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The hotel is near-new, nice and quiet, and very clean - no fuzzies in the corners! My room faced Highway 40, partial exposure to I-70. Hotel doesn't provide other than soap and shampoo, bring your own cream rinse!... A cattle feed lot is located in fairly close proximity, hotel interior did NOT seem to smell inside (I actually wondered if they had aircleaners!), but on occasion its pretty 'whiff' outside. Typical breakfast, more fruit choices (and more flavors/styles of yogurt) than most. Nice clean pool (small) and hot tub room, excercise room. Wireless internet worked better than most small hotels. Truckstop to the south has a lmited but very fresh salad bar, and REALLY good home-made soup. Best burger I've had in years was at Don's, further west on Hwy40. Originally intended to stay 1 night, but extended to complete my business trip from this location, hotel was greatly superior to most others in the immediate region. King Suites are on south side. Not much to do in around town, few food choices locally.

Room Tip: I suspect rooms on the north side are marginally quieter, although I had no complaint with my south...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Lee Ann P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakley
Kansas Country Inn
#6 of 10 in Colby
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Colby

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Oakley? Share your experiences!