Days Inn - Newton
  • Restaurant
Newton Inn(Newton)
Rodeway Inn(Hesston)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfasttornado shelterbasement areanothing fancylate checkbed was comfortablewe've stayedcomfortable stayclean roomsmotelaccommodationsfridgehitchhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I were passing through town and saw the Days Inn just off the highway. We should have kept going. I'd say it wasn't the most horrible room I've stayed in, but it was definitely on the Top5 list. The sheets were dirty with stains, the bathroom was not that clean and the room was extremely outdated. It was not worth the price paid. We were expecting a little more for our money

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KBaker1015
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Staying at a Days Inn these days has become a real crapshoot, but this property is one of the good ones. Friendly check-in staff in a very attractive lobby. The rooms are clean, spacious, and well-appointed with a fridge, microwave, and nice flatscreen TV with lots of channels. The bed is pretty comfy with 4 pillows. They give you a complimentary USA today, which isn't the norm at the typical Days Inn. The place even smelled nice.

There is a big breakfast room downstairs with a good selection of food and plenty of tables.

The location is right along the freeway, with a big truck-stop/travel-center behind, yet the motel is pretty quiet. There is some food nearby, but most of the good eateries are a few miles away in town.

I've stayed here several times since 2002, and the quality has been consistently good throughout that period.

To me this is a good value for the price, and probably the best option in Newton.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Cadillac22
DWN2013, Front Office Manager at Days Inn - Newton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you! Your compliments are so much appreciated, and I love the opportunity to give the staff a "pat on the back" every chance I get. It's a wonderful feeling for us to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can come back!
Thank you for your kind words describing the Days Inn. We have worked hard to insure that our guests have a great stay and we are constantly striving to meet guest expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again soon.

Appreciative guests like you sure make our job so much easier. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Thank you again for your wonderful compliments!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Staid here near Park City for a wrestling tournament. Comfortable & Quiet. Friendly Staff. Would stay here again for a quick night stay! Although they have an Out door pool.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Tag01
DWN2013, General Manager at Days Inn - Newton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Reviewed March 24, 2009

This is a very nice hotel for the price. I had a six-day stay for business.
I took advantage of the free breakfast most mornings. It includes various cereals, bagels, bread, make-your-own waffle station, juice, coffee, and other items. Everything was decent at the breakfast for the exception of the coffee which was disgustingly strong.
The room was clean. The beds were comfortable and the HVAC system worked well. And most importantly, a good door on the room that masked most hallway noise.
The front desk staff was very friendly, providing extra towels and a roll-away bed. Overall a good stay.

Side note- We worked each day pretty late in nearby Hutchinson, KS. By the time we got back to Newton (around 11 p.m.) the entire town is closed. That's about the only downside.

Even more to the side note - The woman at the front desk with the glasses is beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank PJJoeT

Reviewed July 24, 2008

We're a family of 4 and booked one of the business suites directly with the hotel because we needed a fridge and a cot. During our initial call we were told we couldn't be guaranteed the room we wanted but would get A room in the hotel. This was confusing to say the least. A second call on another day got us the room we wanted.

Positives: the room was clean, the breakfast was fine (mosty white flour carbs), the breakfast area was spacious, the air conditioner kept the room cool and masked any noise from the neighboring interstat, and the staff was genial.

Negatives: the boxsprings were bouncy, there was no room for the cot (we had to pull it off the frame, rearrange the room and throw the mattress on the floor) and the air conditioner didn't pull all the humidity out of the room (the carpet, the bedding, and the clothes we hung in the room felt damp).

Final Assessment: For just over $70 (AAA rate) it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family