“A discovery...nice?..NO VERY NICE!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
canton,kansas
“A discovery...nice?..NO VERY NICE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Moved to the area about 3 years ago and drove past Reba's about 6 months ago and finally had a chance to try it out. Was a wonderful experience. First of all great service. Then a menu which had a broad range of selections an dour table tried three of them. All were well prepared and first class in presentation and taste. The wine selection while limited included an excellent Malbec which can be difficult to find in rural Kansas period. The chef/owner visited our table and made the vending evn more enjoyable. Finally wensplitna large piece of carot cake for dessert and that put things over the top. Great evening HANG IN THERE REBA!

Newton, Kansas, United States
“Partially Edible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was looking forward to eating at a fine restaurant in Newton. My partner and I had B1G1 coupon to use so we figured we would try them out.

The bartender made me feel uncomfortable and glared at me like I was some sort of anomaly for showing up in their restaurant. The waitresses were all talking about something else not related to work. Our waitress was the only one working. The other was wearing flip-flops and began speaking with the owner about a pedicure and their kids.

The food was barely edible. The salad was fine but under-dressed and tasted like it wasn't fully washed. We enjoyed the veggies though the potatoes were gummy. The Rib-eye steak looked good but was not seasoned. My partner's steak was done to his medium-well. Salt and pepper made a huge difference. However, my steak was not done to the medium I ordered. The first third was all gristle, the second was done medium, but the final third was raw and cold to the touch. And, my partner asked for steak sauce that never came.

When brought the cold and raw steak to the attention of the waitress she immediately apologized and went to see what could be done. The owner left her table and went back to the kitchen. She returned with her table's food easily with twice the portion that anyone else in the restaurant received. The waitress returned and stated that the owner would not do anything about the uncooked steak.

I won't go back. I know we were on a discount but we were using it to try out a place I was wary of from reviews of other locals. You may not wish to discount a ticket further but there was not even an attempt made to re-fire a smaller steak or offer something else for the food that was inedible. I was even made to feel even more uncomfortable after bringing this to the attention of the restaurant (which I almost didn't do but I couldn't eat he raw steak).

Spend the money on gas and drive to Wichita and buy the same dish for 2/3 the price.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Eugene M
“Best place in the area for a quiet romantic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I regularly eat at rebas because its the only local place that exudes perfection 100% of the time. The atmosphere is a darkened eclectic style restaurant with unique fare that never fails. We have eaten a multitude of menu offerings and have never been dissatisfied. I will say, however, they do not cater to small children. The atmosphere is more reserved for quaint meals and thats what makes it a nice getaway for business meetings or romantic escapes. Wednesday night is their famed Burger night which includes an array of unique burger compilations. The last time I went I had the bruschetta with goat cheese, spinach and red onions. You can substitute their angus burger for chicken breast or a black bean burger, all of which are heaven!! No French fries here, but you can enjoy a nice spinach or mixed greens salad, soup of the day (from tomato bisque to butternut squash), or sometimes a "messy potato casserole" or some other delicious potato side. Rebas has a nice bar with mixed drinks, beers and wines. You need to call in advance at least the day of for reservations especially on wednesdays, Fridays and saturdays. The servers are always welcoming and top notch. Reba herself often makes her way to your table to ensure you enjoyed your meal. Price is average for a similar restaurant. Hummus makes a great appetizer and you must try their carrot cake or creme brulee cheesecake. You will not be disappointed if you are in the market to try something new..if you are looking for typical american fare like most well known chain restaurants, Rebas is not it...this place is much more sophisticated.

Salem, OR
“Returned after 35 years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Lived in Newton 35 years ago - so paid a quick visit and wanted to see if the Old Mill still existed. Sure does with an excellent restaurant, Reba's. Food was excellent, service great, waitress very friendly and accomodating. Was quiet when we were there.

Visited September 2012
Kansas
“Don't miss Reba's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you're traveling near Newton, Kansas, we would recommend Reba's Restaurant and Bar as a great place for lunch (the dinner menu looks good also). Fine food and drink and dessert, great service, and a handsome decor. The staff is eager to please. I asked them if they would move Reba's to Emporia, our home town, but with a smile they said "No." We plan to stop in again. P.S. Wednesday night is Burger Night but they recommend reservations. (316-284-9800)

• Visited August 2012