“Quiet and comfortable hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to newton, KS for a wedding and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while we were there. Check in procedure was a little hectic with only person on a Friday evening at the front desk but even with all that was going on the staff member was extremely helpful and professional. Room was very comfortable and quiet with no problems what so ever. The breakfast was good enough to start the day.

Would recommend this as a place to stay if you are visiting Newton.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Staff greeted me pleasantly as I approached the check in desk. Very helpful, extremely courteous, very professional. My room was absolutely spotless. Although I did have take time for breakfast, I did notice a very clean dining area. Will stay again if in area and can highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here while in town for the Kansas State Fair. Decided on this hotel because all the hotels in Hutchinson were booked and this one was #1 on Trip Advisor for Newton which we would be passing through. Had a few complaints about our stay but nothing huge.
-Upon booking we were told that we would have a room with a king bedroom plus a separate living area with a pull out couch. What we actually got was one decent sized room with the king sized bed and couch only separated by a 1-foot barrier, so I would definitely not consider it a "separate living area".
-There were several small pieces of trash on the floor of our room by the sofa.
-The toilet water pressure was non-existent so we had to flush it several times every time we used it.
-The breakfast was a bit of a let down, it looked great but nothing on it tasted very good.
-The service was decent, but when we asked for extra blankets they acted not so thrilled to help us. There was also a few times when I had to wait quite a while at the desk before anyone came to help.
-The pull out bed was very uncomfortable.
-Globs of hair and used band-aids in the pool
-The lobby and elevator never had that "clean hotel smell" (they smelled a bit stale)
None of these things were major, or ruined our trip by any means but this hotel was just not quite as nice as some other HIE's I've stayed in, plus with taxes my room came out to $150/night which seemed pretty expensive for Newton, so I guess I had high expectations.
If I'm in the area again I would possibly stay again or maybe try the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Roarviews,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Friendly and Courteous staff! Free taco supper on Monday nights. Super hotel breakfast free daily with large selection. Indoor pool. Weight room. Feather pillows upon request. Oasis of comfort and TONS of cool places to see in Victorian Newton! I stayed here while doing business in Wichita which was just 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Quiet area but close to Wichita
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Staying at this location was completely random. My vehicle had an issue while driving through Kansas and fortunately for us the HIE Newton was down the street from the dealership. So we opted to checked in and relax!! The room was perfectly appointed. A large comfortable sofa, a large comfortable chair, a nice size flat screen, a desk and chair, a mobile desk,a wet bar, comfortable bed and large bathroom. The room was quiet and offered the perfect sanctuary. HIE Newton is clean, newer, and comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was kitty-corner to the indoor pool, thus a bit of chatter heard from the traffic in and ou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Well, it started a bit rocky. I called in earlier that day and asked if I could use cash rather than my debit card. (I left my credit card on my dresser as this was a unexpected and fast visit). I was told of course! So, I drew the cash out before arriving. The 3rd shift employee gave me quite a time and ended up calling the supervisor who showed her how to check me in without a credit card. (As a FYI you MUST have a credit card. You can pay with cash afterwards but just in case another agent that doesn't know the policy tells you differently you MUST have one to check in at Holiday Inn hotels). Even us travel agents learn as we go :) The agent was quite rude and I was very embarrassed. The general manager ended up comping the room for me the next day due to how I was treated the night before. However, for me it was more about communication. The agent that gave me the wrong information was "coached" to say the least I am sure.

Now- Down to brass tacks-

pros- Nice room, clean room, great breakfast (even pancakes!!), simple but did the job, location is good too (right off the interstate) LOVED only a 10.00 pet fee. Thank you Holiday Inn!

Cons- with the exception of my check in process and the rudeness of that 3rd shift employee I would say nothing.. and the GM made good on that..So, alls well that ends well :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear kaye0712,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are always very grateful for our guest’s feedback and are particularly pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay.

I was delighted to read that after some initial issues during check in, this was soon sorted and you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the shorfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent. Spotless room and great staff. They went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed and were so nice. We only stayed one night but I will stay again the next time that we go through.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JJM1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Comfort Inn & Suites Newton
#3 of 6 in Newton
Newton Inn
Newton Inn
#6 of 6 in Newton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton? Share your experiences!