“Another great Comfort Inn experience”

Comfort Inn & Suites Newton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Newton
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Another great Comfort Inn experience”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently stayed here on business and had yet another great stay at a Comfort Inn. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was super friendly. The high-speed Internet worked flawlessly and the complementary breakfast was excellent. I stayed in a suite and my only complaint is that the flat screen television was mounted in an odd position. It was neither in front of the bed or in front of the couch. It was kind of in between so you had to angle yourself for proper viewing. This would have been a non-issue if it was mounted on a swivel mount but unfortunately it was on a fixed mount. I also noticed that the carpet in the hallways and common areas is getting to be a bit warn. These complaints are minor though. The hotel is easily accessible off the highway and right next to several restaurants. Overall if you've been pleased with other comfort inns there's no reason why you won't enjoy the comfort inn in Newton.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank infinity-x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Down South in Dixie
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is well taken care of with the grounds kept clean. The rooms are spacious, clean, the beds were comfortable. Now here's the rub, and why I couldn't give it 5 stars. The pillows are some of the worst we have encountered. Very soft, and lumpy. I thought it may just be me, but another guest commented on the terrible pillows. Other than this everything else was fine. The breakfast was the usual fare, but it was well stocked and good. The desk personnel was very friendly, and helpful. There is a restaurant on either side of the motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RebelYell33
Duncanville
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I were traveling with our Chihuahua so were looking for dog friendly establishments. This was a good, clean comfortable place for an overnight stay. Room was well appointed, bed comfortable, shower fine and we had no internet problems. Breakfast was standard motel fare. We had a pleasant stay, encountered no problems and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex M
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice, staff moved me to find better inet coverage.It is worth noting I talked with the owner and he said that Cox said it's fine....well it's not there is terrible coverage but when you talk to the staff they will do all they can to accomidate,

1 Thank Hooponyou
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Upon first glance, this is a nice hotel. We pulled up and I was pleasantly surprised. The landscaping and appearance of the outside of the hotel was inviting. Entering the lobby, I had high hopes. Very nice and spacious. The one elevator offered was very slow and I mean, very slow. I could have made 2 trips up to the 3rd floor and back via the stairs in the amount of time we waited on the elevator to come and subsequently take us up the the 3rd floor. The room was spacious and clean. We didn't get to eat the breakfast as we had a breakfast meeting that morning but it smelled good We grabbed some coffee on the way out and was delighted at how well it tasted. Here's where it gets disappointing. There is no shelf in the shower. We had to put our soaps and shampoos on the side of the tub which was kind of a hassle for me and my bad back. The half pillows. It seems all Comfort Inn and Suites have gone to these as this is not the first time I have encountered them. If I would have remembered, I would have brought my own pillows as these half pillows that are offered do not do my neck justice. The bed was ok. My husband thought it was uncomfortable but it didn't bother me. What bothered me was the A/C. Again, all hotels are going to these models where you can only turn them down so low so I don't fault the hotel itself for this but it makes for a miserable night. I kept getting hot all night and therefore, I tossed and turned. Lastly, the water pressure in the shower was horrible. It seems like it took forever to wash the shampoo and conditioner out of my thick hair. Overall, the hotel is in a convenient location and had all the amenities we needed so we would probably stay again since there didn't seem to be any other comparable options around. We will bring our own pillows next time and maybe a fan to plug in. I guess nothing can be done about the water pressure though.

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom floor or take the stairs, the elevator is super slow. Also, you want to stay awa...
1 Thank Brandy_N1975
Mooloolah Valley, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Chose this hotel as a convenient stopping point on a long cross country drive.

Internet was completely unreliable. Frustrating and front desk staff rebooted but constantly failing. Admitted they'd had issues with it.

Rooms very spacious and fridge/freezer combo in the room. Bed comfy and good pillow selection.

I asked for a quiet room and they put me right at the front of the hotel on the main road which was quite noisy. I'm not sure what part of quiet the young lady didn't understand but ruined what would've been an other wise pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the southeast or southwest corners of the building away from the road. If you've got int...
1 Thank diverinnm
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with 2 adults, 2 toddlers, and 2 dogs! All staff that we encountered were very friendly. The gentleman that checked us in greeted us with 2 bottles of water, which was a nice touch. The room was well appointed and quite large. It was nice to have plenty of room for the kids to play. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows. There were plenty of towels in the room, which I greatly appreciated. You don't always find that in all hotel rooms. Breakfast was good, eggs (a little soggy but ok), bacon, sausage, waffles, toast, bagels, pastries, cereal, coffee, juices, biscuits and gravy. The eating area was very clean. This hotel is right off the interstate so it was very convenient. they could have a little more convenient parking in the back though with a back entrance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton
#4 of 4 in Park City
Motel 6 Park City
Motel 6 Park City
#3 of 4 in Park City

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Newton? Share your experiences!