“Hotel Survey”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mulvane
Auburn, United States
“Hotel Survey”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to anyone. My grandchildren loved the pool and everything about this hotel. Asked if we could stay there again. The room was very clean and quiet. The service was great. The bed were the most comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tonkawa, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

the room was fabulous. really enjoyed the design/setup. it felt like a honeymoon suite! very intimate. it felt like a home away from home instead of a hotel room! we really enjoyed the room! we brought food up to the room after we gambled to just sit and enjoy the nice room! we were really surprised and pleased with the whole experience of the room

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Josephmorganshanks, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I am writing in response to your comments on trip advisor. We love to hear feedback. It's even better when someone loves what we do. Please visit us again soon. Joe Shanks
Goessel, ks
Reviewed August 2, 2013

First the props - the hotel is GORGEOUS, brand new and absolutely beautiful. This place is immaculately clean and truly a sight to behold. I had a double queen room (I prefer a King, but they won't allow gov't rate) and I will say, those rooms are really a tight fit without a lot of walking room. The ceilings in the rooms are very high which gives the illusion of grandness but can't foot a claustrophobic like myself. The best feature is the bathroom which has a very large well-lit mirror and HUGE counter with a double shelf below for towels and toiletries. As usual, the fitness room is fantastic - huge and top of the line equipment. It really is a beautiful, although small, space.

Now the only negative - I travel extensively for work and I never, EVER, have housekeeping service while in a hotel. I always leave the sign on the door and I've never had an issue with this before but this time when I returned from working, the sign was gone and my room had been serviced. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but it's a major deal for me. I'll alert the front desk if I ever stay here again.

Kudos to the young lady handling breakfast in the morning because she was working very hard and should have had help with the size of crowd she had down there. I enjoyed the buffet at the casino and even the casino itself for a bit but I just couldn't take the smoke and had to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am so sorry housekeeping ignored your do not disturb sign.
I talked to our Executive Houskeeper and she immediatly took action to make sure we honor guests requests. Again my apoligies. Joe Shanks
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed for a couple of days on business; my luggage got lost and staff was great to help me out. Special props to Melissa F. for her help and stellar customer service. Hotel is fairly new, all fixtures were in good shape and clean, above average for the already very good Hampton Inn experience. No fridge/microwave in room as many other Hamptons have, they want you to get over in to the adjacent casino. Five places to eat in the casino, easy to get to without going outside. Sandwich place and high end steakhouse are the only ones accessible without going on the casino floor, so choices are limited for those with kids. Did not seem to be unfriendly to families (indoor pool was crowded with kids), but also didn't look like there was a lot to do if you aren't old enough to gamble. Nothing really within walking distance, town of Mulvane with a few restaurants and stores is 8-10 minutes drive away. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and it makes a great stop for a night or two if travelling down I-35 or if other business brings you to the Wichita area. Manager Joe S. and his team do a great job of making guests feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Josephmorganshanks, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. Melissa is a great associate, we are fortunate to have her. All rooms have friges. Not all have microwaves just the suites. This is great feedback as we are undertaking construction of additional rooms. Hope to see you when you return to the Wichita area.
Joe Shanks
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have our first night out after having our baby 11 months ago. We really looked forward to the casino and hotel stay. The casino was fun. The hotel was decent but a little pricey for a standard hotel. I guess we paid for the location. Overall it was a fun night until my arms and neck start itching a couple of days after the stay. I had bed bug bites before so i knew right away what it was. Most people are propably fine like my husband. But I am super sensitive to bed bugs. I called the hotel to warn them about it. She didn't seem too concern. If you are sensitive to bed bugs like me you might want to think twice about staying here. Hopefully I didn't bring it home with me :(

• Stayed July 2013
Josephmorganshanks, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am so sorry you believe you were bitten by bed bugs. We take this very seriously. Once you called and informed the staff member I called our exterminator he arrived the following day. He actually found no evidence of bed bugs. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Joe Shanks
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently had occasion to visit some friends in the Topeka area and made reservations at the Hampton Inn & Suites.

What a great surprise. The Hotel was beautiful. The staff at the front desk ( I was serviced by Audrey) was polite and helpful.. I also had the pleasure of meeting the hotel manager, Joseph
Shanks who was also very informative about the facilities of the hotel and also about the casino
(which was a great plus to my stay).

My room was beautifully decorated and immaculate. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was great.

All in all, my stay at the hotel was a real treat.

Great experience! I recommend it highly.

Dee C.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Josephmorganshanks, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites I-35 / Mulvane, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We love to receive guests feedback. It reinforces what we try so hard to do. Give a great experience to our guests.
Rye, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a beautiful hotel. It is brand new and gorgeous. The western motif is stunning, especially the pictures, - takes your breath away. Although the hotel is attached to the big, bright, lively casino, it is a quiet haven and the hallways are peaceful. The room was perfect, and had a great nights sleep both nights (that doesn't often happen when I travel) I actually overslept with the black out drapes, peace and quiet, and the great bedding. I love the Hamptons for their quick and delightful breakfasts. I found the staff, both front desk and breakfast area, cheerful and helpful (particularly Sami). This location will not be a secret for long, - I am already planning another trip. I actually spoke to the General Manager, Mr. Shanks, who informed me of the upcoming plans for expansion. I am sure they will need it, once word gets out.

Room Tip: Great place for kids with the salt water pool and exercise room a plus. The king suites are big eno...