“Nice variety”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

RJ's is a it for the beaten path but well worth the effort. We have not ever found anything that was not delicious or well prepared. Daily specials are always good and the Happy Hour food offerings are all worth trying. Service is always excellent. The desserts are house made and change frequently. They have a small private dining area and have live music outdoors in the summer months.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 19, 2019

Came in as a large group to try the Burnt ends. Found real burnt ends. Cooked perfectly and an AMAZING BBQ hot sauce. Will be back again and again.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 17, 2019

A group of four stopped in for a late lunch between Christmas and New Years and the visit was beyond super. We were greeted promptly by our server, Amy. She was very friendly and offered a number of suggestions as to what was the best choices. She could not have been more right on the mark! It is very refreshing to find such an engaging server with a quick wit and great sense of humor. As my title said the food was great but our experience with Amy was the highlight of the visit.

I highly recommend you visit R.J.'s and ask the servers for their recommendations. You most likely will find them spot on!

I would give more than 5 stars for service and food if I could!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018

After having some good meals here (see earlier reviews), I had one that wasn't good this time. I ordered the rib meat sandwich because I love ribs and this saved me the time of having to eat the meat off the ribs and not get my fingers all greasy. Not a good plan. The problem is that this meat has already been cooked once and not sold as the original ribs. Now it's taken off the bones and essentially cooked again resulting in meat that's very dry and not very flavorful. Looks good on the menu but not a good sandwich. Service okay - I didn't order fries but got them anyway. Photo attached.

Thanks for reading. I’ll appreciate a thumbs up below if you’ve found this helpful.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stopped by on our way around town after running around town all day. I went in without having ordered ahead and expected to wait for 15-20 minutes to get my order. I was promptly helped at the bar and ordered my food. The waitress was very helpful and got my order in and I had my food in approximately 7 minutes. The food itself was excellent. Burnt ends were the bomb! Had Mac and Cheese and Baked Beans for the sides and they were excellent as well. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone that wants some good local BBQ without the big chain feel.

Date of visit: November 2018