“Will be back!”

OR
Order Online
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Mission
Cuisines: Thai
Description: A second generation Thai restaurant serving authentic Thai food ranging from Pad Thai, Thai Curries, to Chicken Sate and Papaya salad. We pride ourselves in our food and excellent service.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Thai is my favorite and I have had some hits and misses since moving to KC. I was in the Mission area and checked TripAdvisor for suggestions as usual. It was a week night after 8 and the restaurant was not busy. There were about 3 tables with guests but when I entered they said it would be about 15 mins which I found odd but ok. As I was waiting and checking out the menu several people came in for their take out order. I was seated and ordered the double delight chicken and shrimp with medium heat. It was very delicious and the presentation and flavors were on point. Everything was very fresh and the heat was just right. My only complaint was I counted 3 maybe 4 shrimp, other than hat I enjoyed the meal and the delicious cocktail. My waitress was very nice and attentive. I look forward to trying other menu options.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

We went into this restaurant with higher expectations based on other reviews, but we were disappointed. We ordered the Orchid Chicken and Chicken Pad Thai and both of our meals took 45 minutes, and they did not taste fresh. It tasted like they used the same cooked chicken for everything (pretty bland and not that tender) and just cut it up and mixed it into different dishes. The Orchid Chicken was HIGHLY recommended by our waiter, and it was definitely overhyped. It tasted like plain chicken with peanut butter smothered on top of a bed of iceberg lettuce (not sure where the steamed veggies were). Presentation was nice, but that’s about it.
The fried tofu and crispy egg rolls were ok. The servers were also attentive, although the kitchen was VERY slow, but that is not their fault. The place had a decent amount of customers and regulars who seemed to know the owner personally, so we were surprised on how mediocre the food was.
If you want REALLY good Thai food in the KC area, skip this place and head to Koko Thai downtown.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Excellent Thai cuisine in a quiet and relaxed setting. Consistently food with great service. One of our favorites.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. One of my favorite restaurants near me. Service great, food phenomenal!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 25, 2018

we went for my son's birthday , a group of 8 people . all food was great and delicious , I am vegetarian and there were plenty of options for me !

Date of visit: September 2018
Jonathan R, Owner at Thai orchid, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind response! We enjoyed hosting you guys and are glad we did a great job!