Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
$115
Hotels.com
$62
$57
Ramada Overland Park(Overland Park)
$85
HolidayInn.com
$75
$85
$76
All reviewskansas cityclean stafffrontage roadwasher and dryerextended stayvisiting familyweekend staypleasant staylaundry roomthe wi fidesk clerkcontinental breakfastbed was comfortableparking loteasy accessfirst floorvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My family stayed for four nights at this hotel. We used the outdoor pool a lot the first two days. It could use a few more lounge chairs and the water was cold but the sun was shining so it was refreshing during the day. Our room seemed crowded compared to rooms in other Comfort Inns with two queen beds. The room also seemed dark and the internet was too slow for our mobile devices. Breakfast was good but we seldom eat the waffles that are provided at most Choice hotels anymore as they seem too dense to taste good. We had trouble finding the hotel with our GPS which took us to a different location. In addition, the road to the hotel was in the process of being repaved which made the drive to and from the hotel a little bumpy.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms are better since residual odors in the furnishings are usually not there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed one night, two rooms. Not real clean, tub had mildew under lip of trim where it was obvious it never gets cleaned. Hairs from previous guest in tub also. Rooms need new carpet badly. Bed was clean though, and comfy. Wireless internet never did allow us to connect. Clientele was a little spooky, expected to hear all night partying, but actually very quiet. Did not eat breakfast, but smelled good in the hallway! Clerk was helpful and friendly. Overall, it was ok, place to get a decent nights rest which is what we payed for.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great staff. I can't say enough nice things about the lady that runs the breakfast in the morning. She was so nice and pleasant every morning. The room was very comfortable with a nice flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and had a bunch of pillows. The hotel was completely booked up yet it was still nice an quite. Shower was nice and hot. Another pleasant stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dustin D
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel was clean and the room was nice. My door was hard to bolt shut, and since I was there by myself I definitely wanted it locked. other than that it was great. .........................................

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I used Choice Privileges points to stay here, but I doubt I would pay for it otherwise. The good things about the hotel: easy access to the I-35 highway and 15 minutes on the parkway to the Plaza; Denny's, Krispy Kreme, and lots of food options close by; small pool with good access looked nice; breakfast was the usual, but kept well-stocked; easy parking; pretty good TV channels; refrig. and micro in room; clean bathroom. The adequate things about the hotel: host didn't acknowledge me being a Choice Privileges member upon check-in (pretentious??--nope, that's what they should do); stains on chair in room; pillows were waaaaaaay too soft; it looked like stuff from the ceiling or wall was all over the carpet next to the wall, as if it had not been vacuumed thoroughly; indifferent staff the next morning (too busy chatting it up with another staff member) when asked about a newspaper. If you get a good deal, then I would advise staying here, otherwise, look around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple