“Place to sleep, nothing more.”

Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Shell Knob, MO.
“Place to sleep, nothing more.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed one night, two rooms. Not real clean, tub had mildew under lip of trim where it was obvious it never gets cleaned. Hairs from previous guest in tub also. Rooms need new carpet badly. Bed was clean though, and comfy. Wireless internet never did allow us to connect. Clientele was a little spooky, expected to hear all night partying, but actually very quiet. Did not eat breakfast, but smelled good in the hallway! Clerk was helpful and friendly. Overall, it was ok, place to get a decent nights rest which is what we payed for.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Palmyra, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great staff. I can't say enough nice things about the lady that runs the breakfast in the morning. She was so nice and pleasant every morning. The room was very comfortable with a nice flat screen tv. The bed was comfortable and had a bunch of pillows. The hotel was completely booked up yet it was still nice an quite. Shower was nice and hot. Another pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hesston
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel was clean and the room was nice. My door was hard to bolt shut, and since I was there by myself I definitely wanted it locked. other than that it was great. .........................................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Topeka, KS
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I used Choice Privileges points to stay here, but I doubt I would pay for it otherwise. The good things about the hotel: easy access to the I-35 highway and 15 minutes on the parkway to the Plaza; Denny's, Krispy Kreme, and lots of food options close by; small pool with good access looked nice; breakfast was the usual, but kept well-stocked; easy parking; pretty good TV channels; refrig. and micro in room; clean bathroom. The adequate things about the hotel: host didn't acknowledge me being a Choice Privileges member upon check-in (pretentious??--nope, that's what they should do); stains on chair in room; pillows were waaaaaaay too soft; it looked like stuff from the ceiling or wall was all over the carpet next to the wall, as if it had not been vacuumed thoroughly; indifferent staff the next morning (too busy chatting it up with another staff member) when asked about a newspaper. If you get a good deal, then I would advise staying here, otherwise, look around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I got charged for two rooms for my 2 day stay. When I called to inquire about it Raymond couldn't find a record of my stay! after several minutes he FINALLY did find my stay for two nights and I was charged for two rooms.......wouldn't it be ODD that the other room never appeared to be used??!?!?!?!?! I told Raymond the girl that checked me in on Thursday evening had me sign two print outs but I thought that was just my copy and their copy. His reply, "oh we don't do that here m'am" REALLY?!?!? WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN AND DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. The sign says new renovation........I sure didn't get put in a new room....crappy smelling musty room the WORST Comfort Inn I have stayed at to date. Very dissappointed with quality and competence of staff.

Room Tip: choose somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tss2006

Travelers are raving about these Merriam hotels

Postville, Iowa
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I try to stay at a Comfort Inn whenever traveling. This hotel was neat and clean and the employees where very friendly and helpful. The pool was well maintained and a welcome site after a long drive. The hotel had a convenient location and the property felt very secure. I was traveling with a carload of personal belongings: flat screen tv, computer, ipad, clothing, etc. A very helpful employee guided me to the best parking spot, close to the entrance/exit and well seen on the surveillance cameras. This definitely put me at ease. Great hotel, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a King sized bed. There was ample space and a sitting area. Clean room, exce...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Seward Ne
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary by coming to Kansas City to be with our maid of honor. Very friendly staff, room was very clean, carpet looked new, no dust even in the corners of the room!, no noise between walls of rooms, and if the occupants of the room two doors down had a party that consumed 4 large pizzas [evidence of 4 empty boxes outside their door], they certainly were a quiet bunch. Breakfast was great.. and bed was very comfortable....Shower rod needed to be fixed, but that is the only negative. We'd stay again... Senior rate was very good!!! We selected the hotel near my maid of honor's, but didn't realize we'd only be 1.8 miles from church the next morning!!!

Room Tip: Always choose the top floor of a smaller hotel.... no noise above you.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
#4 of 5 in Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West

Been to Super 8 Merriam Shawnee? Share your experiences!