“watch charges to CC”

Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I got charged for two rooms for my 2 day stay. When I called to inquire about it Raymond couldn't find a record of my stay! after several minutes he FINALLY did find my stay for two nights and I was charged for two rooms.......wouldn't it be ODD that the other room never appeared to be used??!?!?!?!?! I told Raymond the girl that checked me in on Thursday evening had me sign two print outs but I thought that was just my copy and their copy. His reply, "oh we don't do that here m'am" REALLY?!?!? WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN AND DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. The sign says new renovation........I sure didn't get put in a new room....crappy smelling musty room the WORST Comfort Inn I have stayed at to date. Very dissappointed with quality and competence of staff.

Room Tip: choose somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tss2006

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I try to stay at a Comfort Inn whenever traveling. This hotel was neat and clean and the employees where very friendly and helpful. The pool was well maintained and a welcome site after a long drive. The hotel had a convenient location and the property felt very secure. I was traveling with a carload of personal belongings: flat screen tv, computer, ipad, clothing, etc. A very helpful employee guided me to the best parking spot, close to the entrance/exit and well seen on the surveillance cameras. This definitely put me at ease. Great hotel, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with a King sized bed. There was ample space and a sitting area. Clean room, exce...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Skipper3182
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary by coming to Kansas City to be with our maid of honor. Very friendly staff, room was very clean, carpet looked new, no dust even in the corners of the room!, no noise between walls of rooms, and if the occupants of the room two doors down had a party that consumed 4 large pizzas [evidence of 4 empty boxes outside their door], they certainly were a quiet bunch. Breakfast was great.. and bed was very comfortable....Shower rod needed to be fixed, but that is the only negative. We'd stay again... Senior rate was very good!!! We selected the hotel near my maid of honor's, but didn't realize we'd only be 1.8 miles from church the next morning!!!

Room Tip: Always choose the top floor of a smaller hotel.... no noise above you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sisnokmail41
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Most times Comfort Inns are a good value. I didn't feel that about this one. The room was small and the carpet was dirty and there was a musty smell in the lobby and hallways. The outside of the hotel looks like it was renovated in 1982. I would not recommend his hotel. Rundown is the best way to descrie it.

1  Thank brian c
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family of three spent five nights at the Comfort Inn. The room is far from huge, but the two double beds were adequate and there was enough space to stash empty suitcases, etc. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast a little better than most. Laundry facilities on site was a plus as was the comfy furniture in the lobby for sitting around and talking. The Internet was stronger than most and free - no attempts are made to up charge for increased speed. The manager is on site and involved in the day to day management. He is every personable and a good host.

Room Tip: Back of the building is far from any street noise and is where the elevator is located. Parking in b...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a room,over the phone, for a king bed with a pullout couch. When we arrived we received a room, queen bed and a chair. This would not accomidate the three of us. We were told they always overbook and our reserved room had been taken by a large group. We canceled only to get home to find they still billed my credit card. Watch out !! The place is also an old dump.

1  Thank Unhappy976
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is an average hotel with clean rooms and an amazing breakfast. Our room had brand new carpet and bed spreads. Our room was clean and everything worked properly. The only thing it didn't have was an ironing board. The rooms had coffee and a microwave and refrigerator, as well as a large flat-screen TV with lots of channel choices to keep our kids happy in the evening.

The morning breakfast was great! Hot eggs, sausages, waffles, biscuits and gravy, along with bagels, danishes, oatmeal, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and more. It had choices for everyone and since we stayed multiple days we could try everything. Nothing was bad, all was delicious and fresh. The woman who took care of the dining room while we were visiting was kind and courteous, always asking us if we needed anything and wishing us a good day.

Front desk staff was helpful, too. Checkout was a breeze. Overall, we had a very nice stay and would gladly stay again. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes from downtown KS, and is close to several fast food restaurants, gas stations, and a Walmart. There's a Denny's in the same parking lot as the hotel. I didn't notice any other sit-down restaurants, but I wasn't really looking for any during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
1 mi away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#30 of 37 in Overland Park
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
1 mi away
Walnut Grove RV Park
Walnut Grove RV Park
#1 of 1 in Merriam

Been to Super 8 Merriam Shawnee? Share your experiences!