Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ramada Overland Park(Overland Park)
View Hotel
All reviewskansas citymedical centerking suitefrontage roadshawnee missionnice lobbyseparate bedroomroom was cleanfull size refrigeratorlight sleeperliving areastaff was friendlypool and hot tubnice hotelwafflesbreakfast areaone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I just loved this Hampton- it was newly remodeled, clean and inviting.
It is located 15 mins from downtown and 10min from overlandpark.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.- I will be going back to KC
in a few months and will be booking this Hampton again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank princesshm1976
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, KS. We know travelers have many options when on the road and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you! I know that your time is valuable and I thank you for taking time to complete this review. Guest feedback is the best way to learn how to improve our facility and service to ensure all our guests have a great experience.

I am so glad that had a great experience! We will continue to meet the consistent expectation and always deliver great service!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Hopefully we will see you again!

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Worst experience ever, truly ! Stayed 1 night in a king suite. Room had a stale odor but we ignored it for awhile. Discovered the "source" of the smell at 11pm when turning back the sheets. There was a wet, yellow, smelly stain on the top sheet, the fitted sheet, the mattress cover, soaked clear thru to the mattress itself. We were horrified and went down to the front desk. The clerk was apologetic and moved us to another room. The next morning, upon checking out, the clerk told us "no charge" for the room, and the housekeeping supervisor told us "oh, there was a small child in that room the night before and the room wasn't ready when you were checked into it by accident.". What? Didn't housekeeping make up the room after the previous guest checked out? A few days later I answered the online survey sent to me by Hampton. Shortly thereafter, I was contacted by email by the hotel manager (Monica) and she apologized for everything and offered us a free 1-night stay. She said she'd mail us the certificate. We never got it. I guess that says it all. Don't stay here. (Oh, there were no clean towels in the pool area, the breakfast selection was pitiful and the orange juice was rancid).

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, KS. We know travelers have many options when on the road and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you! I know that your time is valuable and I thank you for taking time to complete review. Guest feedback is the best way to learn how to improve our facility and service to ensure all our guests have a great experience.

There is absolutley no excuse for what you experienced when you stayed with us. Even though I was not here at this time, I highly apologize about the situation you experienecd.

I know its been sometime, but I will gladly honor the complimentary night stay offer and if you'd contact me to give me the proper details, I will mail a certificate to you this week.

I have! I have been working in the hospitality industry for 13 years, but I am new to managing this location, just here a few weeks, and I know the value of service recovery and following through on our word!

I do hope to hear from you to offer you a chance to experience the changes here!

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Where to begin.... We booked a 4 day stay. We arrived late. The person who booked us in was friendly but struggled to get the wifi code and answer basic questions. We had a double queen with kitchenette. When we had called they had failed to mention the limits of the kitchen, such as a lack of an oven, tho range is included. Fortunately, I overpacked and brought most of needed items but many needed an oven. The pool / jacuzzi were out during our entire stay which was a huge disappointment for our kids. The towels were not of good quality. The beds were a bit squished in with the one bed right up against a mirror closet that my daughter kept bumping into during the night. The AC in the bedroom wouldn't work consistently tho it was great in the living/kitchen area room. The TRAIN kept us up most of the night and we slept POORLY. The breakfast was just barely above standard. The staff was friendly but mostly not competant. We struggled with our wifi staying on and had to reconnect it several times a day for no apparent reason. There were no good restaurants in close proximity. When checking out the lady was incompentant and double changed our credit card which we couldn't resolve until the Monday after our return... as a result we couldn't use our "available funds" as they were "frozen". We were told we could have a free stay due to the pool being inoperable, et al. by the manager but it wouldn't be worth staying there even for free. Bad experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

It seems your stay with us with disappointing on many fronts. I am so sorry about that. I am new to manging this location and I assure we are building a staff that knows their job and this facility well and provides excellent service!

Our rooms due lack the oven, but do have the burners and we are do our best to inform guests booking our suites that it is not a completely full kitchen.

This area is growing with dining and shoping estabishments popping up frequently, and hopefully the area will continue to grow to give travelers more options!

I hope if you will be in this area again, that you will consider giving us another chance!
Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

Reviewed March 28, 2010

Pool was cold, hot tub jets didn't work, the complimentary breakfast was horrible, there were kids running up and down the hallways all night long and the trains seemed to run all night long. Terrible nights sleep for me and my two little girls. Overall a very disappointing experience.

I highly apologize that your experience with us was so unpleasant. I have been in the hotel industry for 13 years, but I am new to this location, just here a few months, and I can assure you the staff is working very hard to improve all aspects of our hotel. I know that once you have a bad experience, it can be difficult to consider giving a place another try, and we do still have the trains, however we do have earplugs available and our staff walks the property frequently to ensure that there is not additional noise so that our guests can get the best rest possible.

If you would consider trying us again, please do get in touch wiht me!

Do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

Reviewed August 1, 2009

I will start with this about my review - it's not necessarily a fair review, because the hotel is in the process of renovating.

The room itself was not bad, but I could not for the life of me get the A/C to work correctly. The hallways were cooler than the room. The bathroom looked as it had already been through the renovation process and it was very nice. Even the towels were nice and soft (not typical for any hotel other than a five star).

The staff were VERY friendly. I was always greeted by any employee I passed.

The breakfast - I arrived at about 8:55am thinking it ended at 9:00. I wasn't expecting much, since I figured they were about to start cleaning up. There wasn't a lot available at that point...mostly donuts and biscuits and cereals. There was one warming tray, but it was empty. But when I left I noticed that breakfast actually went until 10:00am. I would have expected a little more.

The "Business Center" is two computers in the main lobby. They are frustratingly slow. If you need to print boarding passes or the like, they are fine. Anything else...bring your own laptop.

I would imagine in a month or two this hotel will be in much nicer shape, so I wouldn't hold some of the appearance against them and would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business

Thank you so much for having the patience to stay with us during our renovoation! Those are not complete and we've made some wonderful upgrades to our property, with a new business center and upgraded breakfest area!

I hope you come back to visit us to see the finished product!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do for you!