“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff was EXTREMELY helpful. We came 2 days earlier than our reservation and she helped find us a room. One night we wanted to see a movie and the fellow at the desk looked up the nearby theaters where the movie was showing, making suggestions for which theaters were less expensive, and printed a map for us to find the one we decided on. Several staff folks greeted us as we came and went. A VERY good experience and we will definitely recommend it and stay again when we are in the KC area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Lynne H
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you taking time to review our hotel!

I am so glad that our staff showed you our HAMPTONALITY! We are working very hard to provide our guests with the best service in town!

We hope to see you again soon when you are back in KC!

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

victoria.agredo@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Denver, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Extremely clean, and staff were superb. Really a great hotel experience. Shopping nearby, refrigerator and microwave in room. Small shop items (candy, drinks, cookies, near checkin desk which made it very easy to get snacks. Nice variety.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and thank you taking time to review our hotel!

We hope to see you again soon!

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My son and I stayed at this Hampton while he had an outpatient surgery at Shawnee Mission Medical Center. The location is great for getting to the hospital, but has a setback because of the highway. We arrived late on a Thursday night. The young man behind the desk was awesome! He got us into a room quickly and offered to help me with our things (my son is in a wheelchair). The room was clean and welcoming after a five hour car ride. After being in the room for twenty minutes I realized the carpet was soaking wet in front of one of the beds (due to the refrigerator). I called the front desk and not only did he send someone to check it, but he offered to move us. The beds were extremely comfortable and we fell asleep quickly. The only bad part was the highway traffic woke me up twice. This hotel is facing a major highway and can get loud when 8 wheelers and heavy traffic are present.
The following day after my son's surgery the hospital released him although he was in a lot of pain. Being 5 hours way from home and alone with my child I had no place to go and was not comfortable getting on the highway. I retuned to the hotel around 11:45 and check out was noon. I called the front desk ad explained the situation and they graciously extended my check out time to 3 allowing me time to rest and get my son's pain under control before heading back home. Everyone I encountered including housekeeping were truly awesome. When I return to the area in a few months I will definitely stay here again. I will just ask for a room on the other side to avoid highway noise.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tvlady911
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you taking time to review our hotel!

I am so glad that our staff showed you our HAMPTONALITY! We are very hard to provide our guests with the best service in town!

Rooms farther from the highway do have less noise, let us know that request the next time you are in town and we will do our best to get you in a room farther from the highway!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Woodville
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were very impressed with our stay at this hotel. It was very close to the freeway. The rooms were very quiet. The staff was very helpful. The continental breakfast was very good. The only thing we didn't like was that the beds were very hard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to complete this survey! Feedback from our guests is the best way we learn how to improve our property and service!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here and were able to see our Hamptonality! We are working hard to ensure our guests have a great stay! I am so sorry you found the beds to be hard. If you would be willing, please touch base with me directly so I can learn what room number you stayed in. We do not often get any complaints about our bedding, in fact it is ususally just the opposite with people asking about our www.hamptonhomecollection.com website where they can purchase the Hampton bed for their homes! We may need to look into a new mattress for that room!

We hope to see you again soon! Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything additional we can do for you and we do hope to hear more feedback from you!

Thornton, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the Kansas NASCAR race in October. Unfortunatly we were disappointed with the accomadations. The shower leaked, they never replaced the coffee packets we used and the laundry room made all kinds of noise during all hours of the night. The sofa was very uncomfortable. Other than the savings of staying a distance from the speedway we will most likely not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Barbara D

We have touched base personally, but I wanted to take another moment to apologize and let you know that we addressed the shower issue right away when we learned of it, and I have reviewed with our housekeeping team the important of remembering to re-stock all the in-room amenities. It was a very busy weekend for us with NASCAR in town, however no matter how busy, we must ensure our guests will get the best!

Our laundry room is on the first floor and we don't have anyone doing laundry over night, however there is a guest laundry on the second floor, available to our guests 24/7 and its possible someone was using that well into the night. Please know you can always call teh front desk and we will do our best to curb and noise so that all of our guests can get a good nights rest.

I am glad you said you would be willing to give us another try! We hope to see you again soon! Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything additional we can do for you!

Pine Bush, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotel is staffed by one person at night. If you have a problem, good luck as they are probably helping out someone else. Gym is located in a 10 by 15 room with two very cheap treadmills that you might buy at Wal Mart, an elliptical and a stair step machine that sounds like its metal parts are coming apart. While right off of the freeway (35), you must cross an active railroad track. Good luck when the train stops, and you sit for 1/2 an hour wondering whether it will move. If there is another Hilton property close, I would recommend. This was a dump.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Mitchell G
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

We have already spoken personally, but I wanted to reach out again to express my most sincere apologies! We have repaired all of our fitness center equipment and its now in great working order! We are slated to get brand new equipment next year!

We try to have two people working the Front Desk when our occupancy allows and during most of your stay there was two people on. We do our best to ensure our guests don't have long waits and I reviewed with the staff about there always be at least one person on the desk with two of them are here!

The train can definitely be an inconvenience, I am sorry for that!

Your Be My Guest Certificate should arrive soon if it hasn't already!

We hope to see you again soon so we can show you how much we have improved!

Hutchinson, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This motel is okay for the price. the location was good for us. Next time though we'll stay at the nicer a little pricier one. There wasn't very much to do right by this one though. but we love Hampton Inns overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank so much for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Feedback is the best way we learn how we can improve.

I know our location lacks activities within walking distance, I am sorry about that. We are only 10 minutes from Downtown KC where you can find the Plaza area which is the place to shop and dine in the KC Metro, The Power & Light district if you are looking for a great night out on the town, Crown Center if you want to take in a bit of KC history or take kids to Lego Land or the Sea Life Aquarium, and just a few more mores up the road you can take in Sporting KC Soccer Game, See a NASCAR race, or watch our MLB KC Royals or NFL KC Chiefs take the field!

If you have any more specific feedback as to how we could improve our hotel, please do let us know. We are working hard to ensure ALL our guests have a great stay!

We hope to see you again soon and hear back from you so we can learn more about your stay with us.

victoria.agredo@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Quality Inn Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
#4 of 5 in Merriam
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam? Share your experiences!