“hampton inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can't remember when I stayed at a hampton inn. I was pleasantly surprised in the cleanliness, hospitality and amenities it had to offered. I really appreciated the kitchenette area. We traveled with extended family and needed to have such an area to prepare our meals...it had everything we needed. Will definitely stay at another Hampton inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam! We know travelers have many options when on the road and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you! Thank you also for taking time to review our hotel. Feedback from our guests is the best way we learn how to improve our property and service!

I am so glad that we had a room that accommodated you well and that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is really great to know to we are doing a good job! The staff is always motivated when I can share positive feedback!

Thanks again! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We travel through often and this is a great place to stay. They are a rare hampton that has 1 bds that offer 2 burners and a full fridge. A great convience with all 7 of us and our service dog. We have found that several hotels illegally charge a pet fee and this one was more then accomadating to our needs. It will cost more, but the suites ae well worth it for anyone with young kids. They do have a 1 king with a priavcy door and a fold out couch, the con is that you do share a bathroom. The kitchen is what makes the rate worth it because fast food can get old and for a few days lets you buy more then junk food. It has easy access from the freeway just be careful.not to miss the exit, it can be a little tricky. They offer hot and cold food at breakfast, a business cntr and pool. The staff is always great and we will always be back.

Room Tip: Suites are best but all rooms have at least a mini fridge and microwave
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed our suites! They are extremely accommodating for longterm guests! It is nice to be able to cook and have more fridge space! We are happy to welcome service animals, of course at no charge! We do our best to meet the needs of all of our travelers.

We hope we will see you again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

They were great! The room was great for my family of five. We were upgraded to a suite due to an issue in the room above us and we were so excited. They were all very nice and helpful the entire time! Super Clean and comfortable!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

I am very glad to hear that you had a good experience with us! We work really hard to provide a clean, comfortable, and friendly hotel. Even when we face challenges, we do so with a smile and work hard to ensure the guests have as little inconvenience as possible!

We hope to see ALL of you again soon! You and your family were a joy to have with us!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

this is a great Hotel convenient to all things we were interested in. Quiet, clean and great breakfast's idi not expect the variety and quality of the food being presented.The equipment in the exercise room was great and in working order.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

I am so glad you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable, and provide good quality breakfast and fitness amenities. We work hard to be a place where travelers can unwind and keep up with their routines when on the road!

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know! We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The double room was clean (except for 3 random socks we found under one bed skirt) and was quiet for the most part (seems like you'll always have running & giggling in the halls after you go to bed no matter where your room is) The pool's heater wasn't working properly so the pool was chilly to say the least. The "hot tub" is tiny and the jets are weak. The complimentary breakfast is typical fare; some form of eggs & meat, yogurt, cold cereal, oatmeal, pastries and a variety of fresh fruit. Coffee was good though and fresh cookies in the lobby was a nice treat. They had complimentary pre-packed brown bag lunches & breakfasts if you had to run out the door in a hurry. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The location is near Hwy 35, so easy on/off. There's a paved walking trail about 1/2 mile away which was well maintained

1  Thank Jessica W

I highly apologize that our pool and hot tub were not meeting your expectation. We were having some trouble but those issues have been resolved. I know it is very disappointing when you cannot enjoy all of the amenities of a hotel and I am sorry about that.

I will make sure our housekeeping department is checking under beds for sure!

I am glad you did have a good stay with us overall. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I arrived and was pleasantly surprised that check-in took very little time. I was able to check in on the internet ahead of time which saved me some time. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable and it had free wi-fi! The complimentary breakfast was wonderful! Enjoyed my stay at the Hamptons!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I am so glad that you have an efficent arrival and that everything went well during your stay! It is great to know that we are giving our guests are positive experience!

Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Everything was perfectly fine except the heater in the pool was broken and it was freezing!!!! We were never told - another guest ended up telling us. It wasn't a big deal, but the kids really wanted to swim and it would have been nice to know upon arrival or to see a sign in the pool area letting us know the heater was currently broken.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We know have travelers have many options and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you! Thank you also for taking time to review our hotel and your stay! Guest feedback is the best way we learn how to improve our hotel and our service!

I highly apologize about the pool temperture. We weren't 100% sure for a few days if it was for sure not working as the temperture would go up a few degrees one day, then it would stall or drop temperture the next day. We were hesitant to make the statement it wasn't working until we knew for sure. It is indeed not functioning properly and we are working diligently to get it repaired. The pool is currently at 79 degrees, we typically keep it heated to 84 degrees.

I know it is tough to enjoy a stay on the road when the amenities, especially ones for the kiddos, are not available. I am very sorry for any inconvenience.

I am so glad that everything else was good during your stay!

If there is anything further I can do for you, please do let hesitate to let me know!

Thank you!
913-722-0800

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Hampton Inn & Suites Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam? Share your experiences!