Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
$66
TripAdvisor
$60
EconoLodge
Ramada Overland Park(Overland Park)
$87
HolidayInn.com
$75
$85
$76
All reviewskansas citymedical centerking suitefrontage roadshawnee missionnice lobbyseparate bedroomroom was cleanfull size refrigeratorlight sleeperliving areastaff was friendlypool and hot tubnice hotelwafflesbreakfast areaone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2012

hotel staff tried bait and switch. i had king suite and they tried to put me in twin handicap room on first floor for same price. i insisted they find my room and lo and behold they had a room. beware. stayed at Hampton Inns all over the US. never had an issue with this chain before.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J S
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, KS. We know travelers have many options when on the road and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you! I know that your time is valuable and I thank you for taking time to complete this review. Guest feedback is the best way to learn how to improve our facility and service to ensure all our guests have a great experience.

I am so sorry that when you checked in, we did not immediately put you into the room type that you requested. As I am new to managing this location, I am not sure what happened, but I can assure you that we now have a firm policy in place of ensuring that we honor what ours guests have reserved as best we can and that being able to do so would be soley based on an incident that was out of control, for example, if we had to take a room out of order due to a maintenance issue or something of that nature.

If you are in the area again I would ask that you consider giving us another try. We have a renewed focus, ensuring our guests have a great experience, from start to finish is our number one priority!

Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Hopefully we will see you again!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

This hotel is sandwiched between a major interstate and a busy railway, so don't plan on peaceful slumber. The hallway smelled like cat pee which was masked slightly by the smell of dryer sheets coming from the laundry room directly across the hall from our room. Also coming from the laundry room at sunrise was the chatter of every housekeeper on staff. So much for sleeping in!

Room Tip: Room 110 must be the least quite room in the hotel. Maybe a second floor room would have been quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank leapfrogllp

I highly apologize that due to our location you were not able to sleep soundly! I understand how upsetting it can be to not get a goods nights rest. If only I could move our hotel, or the trains and the highway! I also know that an unpleasant odor does not provide a very welcoming atmosphere. I have been in the hotel business for 13 years but I am new to managing this location and perhaps that odor was an isolated incident and I haven't found anything of that nature here now. Cleaning our carpets and deep cleaning rooms is a very important of our daily rountine nowadays!

I hope you if you return to this area you will give a chance to show you how much we value our guest feedback and have we worked to improve our guests's experience.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

I travel here for work a couple times a month and always choose this Hampton. It is one of the nicer Hampton's I have ever stayed at (stayed at dozens of them for work) and the staff has always been friendly. Breakfast is run of the mill hampton b-fast which is so-so. Never had a problem with the train that runs close to the property. Only negative to this hotel is that there are no restaurants within walking distance. Other than that, a good, clean, sure bet Hampton.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to ensure our guests have a great experience! We know hotel breakfasts can get repetitive and we work hard to try and offer our guests a variety of options to enhance their experience!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Don't worry about any traffic noise, it will be completely covered by the many trains that go by.

An average Hampton with the usual features. The room we had, a two queen, was fairly small. There wasn't a comfortable chair other than the desk chair. The second chair in the room was a hard straight back chair shoved in a tiny corner.

Staff was friendly and they had trick or treat candy out for Halloween.

We spilled some ice on the floor, this didn't include much actual water just ice. We used a towel to clean up. After a couple of swipes the towel was black. The attractive gray carpeting looked clean, but looks can be decieving. Other parts of hotel (lobby, breakfast area, etc all seemed the usual Hampton level of clean),

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jojo12345
Victoria A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Those pesky trains! If I could move those tracks or our hotel, boy I would!! I will definitely look into how we can change up our chairs in the two queen suites to better accommodate our guests! I am new to managing this location and all of our rooms are receiving a good overall in regards to maintenance and cleanliness, including carpet cleaining!

Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is an excellent place to stay while visiting Kansas City. The location on IH35 was perfect for our needs, close to KC attractions and restaurants. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. We had been staying at Hamptons on this trip but this one had the best breakfast buffet of any of them. It had been full for three weeks straight so we felt fortunate to get a room.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family