“Just don't stay there.”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Willmar, Minnesota
“Just don't stay there.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Issue after issue just stay away from this hotel. Forced here for work and hate every moment here. Posted another review in April nothing has changed. If you can get a good rate and can deal with bad internet, sub par rooms, and sub par service this place is it.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are striving to enhance all aspects of our product.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mer@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for providing me with your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm came here through the company for a 2 week training course which the company made the reservations. Upon my arrival, I had to wait over 10 minutes for the front desk clerk to return. The lobby had a FOUL odor. The room was seemed as if it wasn't cleaned. There was a stain on the bedspread, the bathroom was dirty (hair on the floor), the internet was out for 2 days, curtains didn't close all the way so I used my shoe to keep it closed. They charge $2 for wash and $2 for drying. Youre better off going to a laundry mat. There isn't a pool or any other type of facility to relax or workout. I will not recommend this or any other Extended Stay America to my friends, family or coworkers.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. You can hear others guests when they use the restroom
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friendly, efficient check-in. I was a Hotwire customer so had room prepaid, very good rate and the grab and go breakfast was coffee and packaged breakfast snas...just fine. I am not a big fan of answering a lot of questions: "Why are you here? "What sort of work?" Who do you work for?" "Have you stayed with us before?" Just the key please; thank you. Couldn't tell if they were trying to be friendly...or dropping info into a database/profile. Room had a slight smell, but not bad. It WAS clean. I wanted to watch the KC Royals game but they don't have that cable TV service. Wifi was in and out...weak.

Room Tip: No shampoo provided. It is next to the Interstate, so if traffic bothers you, go elsewhere. Decent f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you found your check-in to be friendly and efficient. As well, it is great to know that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am sorry that the WiFi was not working properly during your stay and that we did not offer the television channel which showed the KC Royals game. Also, please know, our staff was just trying to be friendly. These are questions we ask all guests as we work to check them in to the hotel or assist them.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed there for four days, not a full week so we had no housekeeping services. We did exchange our towels for clean ones, which was very easy. Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. I was glad to have a laundry available. Just be aware that this is not like other hotels. The rooms are fine, kitchenette very handy, but your room will only be as clean as you keep it, and there is no vacuum or bathroom cleaner. The sheets were truly terrible, very rough, and mattress too soft for our taste. Not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies regarding our bedding package. Still, we are pleased to know that our helpful and friendly staff provided you with a positive experience. Like many of our guests, I am glad that you found the kitchenette to be a convenient and an economical way to travel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lewisburg, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I moved here from Lewisburg, Tennessee three years ago to work at the Fairfax plant. William "Bill" Grondwaiski has always been a help no matter what I ask.....whether it is a repair or directions somewhere......even helped me repair a piece on my car when I couldn't get it in to a repair shop and needed to go to work. Coming from a small town Kansas City was a little out of my comfort zone but Bill has made the transition a little easier. Thank you for having such caring employees. Thank you again........Joyce Adams

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service that "Bill" and our caring employees have provided. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back from your vacation!
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were decent and the locale was fine. Easy access. However, I was a late check in and they knew this. It was nearly 11pm and it took forever to get checked in. The girl at the front desk seemed to not know what she was doing at all!! Plus she seemed more concerned with a bug that was flying around.
The "free" wifi is spotty at best. You can upgrade but for a cost. Also to get housekeeping, there is a charge.

• Stayed May 2013
Toledo, OH
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very clean property, nice staff. Rooms are not large, but are comfortable. Nice comfy bed. Just a heads up-this location does not provide a hair dryer or shampoo in the room. They do have it at the front desk if you ask.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
#4 of 5 in Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!