“Good for the price”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed there for four days, not a full week so we had no housekeeping services. We did exchange our towels for clean ones, which was very easy. Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. I was glad to have a laundry available. Just be aware that this is not like other hotels. The rooms are fine, kitchenette very handy, but your room will only be as clean as you keep it, and there is no vacuum or bathroom cleaner. The sheets were truly terrible, very rough, and mattress too soft for our taste. Not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies regarding our bedding package. Still, we are pleased to know that our helpful and friendly staff provided you with a positive experience. Like many of our guests, I am glad that you found the kitchenette to be a convenient and an economical way to travel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lewisburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I moved here from Lewisburg, Tennessee three years ago to work at the Fairfax plant. William "Bill" Grondwaiski has always been a help no matter what I ask.....whether it is a repair or directions somewhere......even helped me repair a piece on my car when I couldn't get it in to a repair shop and needed to go to work. Coming from a small town Kansas City was a little out of my comfort zone but Bill has made the transition a little easier. Thank you for having such caring employees. Thank you again........Joyce Adams

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service that "Bill" and our caring employees have provided. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back from your vacation!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were decent and the locale was fine. Easy access. However, I was a late check in and they knew this. It was nearly 11pm and it took forever to get checked in. The girl at the front desk seemed to not know what she was doing at all!! Plus she seemed more concerned with a bug that was flying around.
The "free" wifi is spotty at best. You can upgrade but for a cost. Also to get housekeeping, there is a charge.

• Stayed May 2013
Toledo, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very clean property, nice staff. Rooms are not large, but are comfortable. Nice comfy bed. Just a heads up-this location does not provide a hair dryer or shampoo in the room. They do have it at the front desk if you ask.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SPRINGFIELD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Luckily I got a great deal through a last-minute deals link on Expedia and it was a cheap stay. I appreciated getting a room with a kitchenette. The room could use some deep-cleaning and minor repairs. The thermostat didn't work (but I forgot to mention it upon checkout. Luckily the weather was good so we didn't get hot or cold.) I would stay again, as long as I got another low price deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Merriam, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had issues with my Fridge and door not only did he take care of the fridge but he replaced it with a new one then he made sure that all the stuff was removed from the old one into the new one. I also had issues with my door he replaced the latch and now my door works perfect. What a guy this Bill character is. This hotel needs more people like him. He knows how to go above and beyond his duties. Bill Thanks again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Larry - I have read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such kind things about Bill. I am sorry that there were items in need of repair in your room; however I am so glad he was able to assist you. I too agree that he is an exemplary employee and always goes above and beyond to assist guests. I will be sure to share your kind comments with him.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I always strive to provide positive experience for each and every guest on each and every stay.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here on two non-consecutive nights in April. Both rooms were great... WAY better than several of the pictures shown in other reviews. Perhaps they've invested and cleaned the rooms up... our second room had brand new carpeting and faux wood floors in the kitchen/bathroom area!

The only complaint that I would have involves the check-in process the second night. We were watching a movie and returned at 12:40, late night. The lobby was closed but there was a number and a phone. We had to stand outside and wait for a person to show up for 15 minutes in 40 degree temperatures so that we could have a room that we had already paid for. Other than that, this place was a dream!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that "this place was a dream" and that you like the new carpeting and floors. Please accept our apologies that you had to wait outside after hours for the night attendant to open the office. I have spoken to the staff about being available to our guests at all times, regardless of the hour.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
Quality Inn Merriam
#3 of 5 in Merriam
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#31 of 37 in Overland Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!