“How to ruin a hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Salt Lake City, Utah
“How to ruin a hotel”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Foul up the reservation. Lock the customer out of his room three times in one day. Fail to make up the room on the same day. When the customer complains have an incompetent front clerk change a message from him to the asst. mgr to make it personally insulting. As the asst mgr while talking to the customer making the complaint try to shift the errors to him and let the incompetent clerk help.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Dj M
Dawn K, Owner at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, we would like to apologize for your negative experience at our hotel. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. This is not a typical experience at our hotel, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality service you deserve. Thank you for your review and for bringing these matters to our attention so that we may take corrective action.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My first time staying here. The room was very clean and it was comfortable...a decent value for the price paid. Staff was efficient, very nice and also helpful. When I made my reservation, there was only an upstairs room available (no elevator and I have a bad knee) but was told that if I called on the morning of my arrival, I could request a downstairs room and, if one became available, I could have it. I did that and I was able to get a room downstairs after all. The shower water pressure in my room wasn't great but that could have just been that room. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn K, Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Our entire team were glad to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable, and that our staff was efficient in handling your requests. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of the Best Western Holiday Manor.
Omaha,NE, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been visiting McPherson every year for over 30 years to visit friends in town, and I stayed at almost every motel in the city, but I keep coming back to the Holiday Manor because it is the cleanest and quietest place I have found. The breakfast area is nice and they've even added a pancake machine. I used to stay elsewhere for the waffles, but this machine makes up for it. I will continue to stay at the Holiday manor when in town as it is the best value and is most comfortable. Theyve gone through updates over the years to keep it fresh and clean compared to others around.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dawn K, Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so glad that for over 30 years our hotels has provided you with such a clean and comfortable home away from home. Thank you for continuing to stay with us- we appreciate you greatly!
Sulphur, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a pleasant experience staying here and plan to return to this hotel if my fiance is relocated back to the area for work. It is right off the highway and near just about everything you would need. The price is pretty decent for what you get. Staff was very kind and helpful. Bed was comfortable and you get a variety of breakfast options. Only downside is just about every night we were there, an event was taking place in the Holiday Room causing major parking problems. We had a room right next door to it and were forced to park in the front of the hotel by the road multiple times or way out in the field because these people parked in front of our room. Other than that downfall, it is a nice hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dawn K, Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Our entire team a glad you had a pleasant experience at our hotel, and that you would be staying with us again. Thank you so much for recommending our property to other travelers. Were apologize that events going on during your stay caused some parking limitations, but that our staff was able to provide an exceptional experience. Thank you for taking the time, we appreciate the feedback!
McPherson, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Friendly receptionist and very comfortable bed with a combination of pillows (soft and firm) for use. Hot breakfast is served and eating establishments of various sorts are extremely close by. Hotel is just off the highway; thus, it's very easy to locate. I didn't care for external access to my room; I tend to expect that at places that say they're motels. No real complaints on the room outside of it being average, but not bad. Wi-Fi connection was easy & fast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dawn K, Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Best Western Holiday Manor. We appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if there was anything we could have done to make your stay outstanding.
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I like this place. Stay here whenever I am in the area. Rooms are a little dated but very clean. Staff is very accomodating & friendly. Like the close location of the steakhouse. Food is very good and the service is well above average. I highly recommend this property.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dawn K, Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for highly recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are glad that you enjoy our hotel each time you are in our area. Thank you for continuing to stay with the Best Western Holiday Manor.
Donald
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've stayed here several times and service is great. All employees have always greeted me with a smile. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Rates are reasonable and a wonderful breakfast buffet with real eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dawn K, Manager at Best Western Holiday Manor, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Valued guest thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel with other travelers. We are so thankful that you continue to return to the Best Western Holiday Manor and always are treated with outstanding service. We appreciate your feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near McPherson
Hampton Inn McPherson
Econo Lodge McPherson
Econo Lodge McPherson
#4 of 7 in McPherson
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Hesston

Been to Best Western Holiday Manor? Share your experiences!