“Would stay there again”

SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice room had front door and back door. Montana Mike's restaurant conveniently on the premises.Flat panel tv. plenty of pillows. Breakfast was excellent with many choices. Service station next door. I really don't have much more to say, so I will just blabber until I use 200 words minumum. I never have been a verbose kind of guy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawn K, Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you Jack for sharing your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you will definitely be staying with us again in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the years. Overall I have always found my room very clean and quite comfortable. They have made some recent updates and modernized the rooms some. I would prefer the pillow top beds, but it isn’t a deal breaker. There are usually a lot of construction trucks and such staying here. This used to concern me, but they are not loud at all. The breakfast is pretty good too. Instead of the requisite waffle iron, they have a pancake machine! Most of the staff I encounter seem friendly and helpful. The fitness center is lacking. The machines are old, and I think the weight machine is backwards. You can’t get to the lat pull downs. They need to turn it around. Do yourself a favor and bring bands or a cardio DVD.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Dawn K, Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review of the Best Western Holiday Manor. We are glad that your experiences at our hotel have been good, and thank you for the feedback on the fitness center, we will utilize this feedback to make changes. Thank you again for taking the time, and looking forward to seeing you again at the Best Western Holiday Manor

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in McPherson for a college visit. When we travel we like to stay at Best Westerns and have for over 20 years. We made reservations a week in advance to the call center. Check in was a breeze. The afternoon clerk was nice. Our room was 122 so we were able to park right at the door. After watching the TV show "Hotel Impossible" I have started to really take notice of my rooms when I stay at any hotel or motel.
When I opened the north door to our room I noticed the metal door frame had rusted and had a hole in it at the bottom. When I walked in the room the bathroom and sink were there to the right. it looked clean and orderly. As I walked on into the room I noticed what I thought was a Tampon applicator laying in the floor. It turn out to be some chap stick, and there was some sort of clear sticker stuck to the carpet.
I changed into my swimsuit and sat down in one of the chairs and was scratched on my leg by a wire or nail sticking out on the inside of the arm.
The pool & hot tub were great we had the area all to ourselfs. Internet service was super fast and if you didn't have wireless on your computer there was a cable in the drawer you could plug into internet.
The breakfast was as good as it gets. Lots of eggs, sauage and biscuts & gravy, milk and OJ. For coffee drinkers there were 6 different kinds of coffee.
Don't waste your time or money at Montana Mikes. The food was average and over priced. The service was very slow for the amount of customers that were there.
Check out was fast and easy. When I told the clerk about the trash and wire, I got the feeling she really wasn't concerned. Would I stay here again? Maybe.
Kevin D.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Dawn K, General Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Valued Guest;

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to express our deepest apologies for the less then satisfactory experience you encountered with the cleanliness of your room. That is not the normal situation at the Best Western Holiday Manor. Thank you for the feedback, we will use this while focusing on improvements. We hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel is older; but very clean. The rooms are HUGE.
The restaurant was also very good. Free breakfast was as good as it gets.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
The only issue I had was the extremely wobbly railing on the second floor. Since it is actually a motel; when you walk out of your room, you are outside. We were on the second floor so I had to constantly remind my little son to stay away from the railing. Hopefully this safety issue will be retified soon.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool and it is during the cooler season; ask for a room that is connected t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Dawn K, General Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words of our hotel, we appreciate your feedback, and are thankful that you have shared with other travelers regarding your great experience at the Best Western Holiday Manor.... see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel was very nice. We arrived pretty late into the evening and the young kid at the front desk, I think his name was Zach but I'm not sure, offered and gave us a very generous discount on the room. The room was really nice, the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was also good, better than most hotels we've stayed at. We will definitely be staying here again if we ever come back this way.

I saw these TripAdvisor cards on the desk and will be filling them out at all the Best Westerns I'm staying at across the country.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Dawn K, Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We were excited to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel, and that our guest service representative Zach, took good care of you. Again thank you for taking the time, we look forward to having you back at Best Western Holiday Manor!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staff was awesome!! drove for 13 hours that day and walked into smiling faces ready to help us settle in and relax! they even moved us into the building next to the indoor pool for easy access for the kids! yay!! Room was clean, check in was quick and breakfast was awesome!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Dawn K, Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We were so glad to hear that our staff was fantastic and really helped make your stay enjoyable. Thanks again for your review, we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were looking for a room as we were travelling from Manitoba to Oklahoma. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we enjoyed a quiet evening in McPherson. The check in went quickly and the lady was very helpful. The breakfast was the best that we had on our trip and included sausage and scrambled eggs. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words! We were excited to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, prepared freshly each day by our awesome Montana Mikes Restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed your visit, and cant wait to welcome you back again to the Best Western Holiday Manor.