“An oasis in the middle of Kansas!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very nice accommodations. The bed and pillows are to die for!! Friendly staff, great breakfast. Only drawback is the street leading to the hotel. Rough and full of potholes. They need to have the city address that issue if they want to continue to be THE place to stay in McPherson.

Room Tip: Did not affect me, but saw another review that said you don't want a room near the west end if y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
DawnMarie K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you are able to relax and be you! We truly value your patronage and do look forward to seeing you in the future, we will always ensure that our guests feel comfortable, valued, respected, safe, welcomed and appreciated by our staff at all times! If you need further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me any time. Travel safely, and as always, thank you for Staying Smart.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I thought the people were very nice, the breakfast very good and the rooms nice. I had the room above me flood in the shower and then flooded my bathroom. The management was very good to take care of the issue and move me the second night. I would give them a 5 if that had not rocked me out of bed the first night.

Room Tip: Take a top floor not facing the road
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, I am so glad we were able handle the flooding situation. I am glad that you were able to relax and Be You, I will pass along your satisfaction to my delightful staff! We truly value your patronage and do look forward to seeing you in the future, we will always ensure that our guests feel comfortable, valued, respected, safe, welcomed and appreciated by our staff at all times! If you need further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me any time. Travel safely, and as always, thank you for Staying Smart.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had booked a room for 5 nights at another hotel which turned out to be a nightmare! I tried to get a room at any other hotel but everyone was sold out. After two nights at the other place I walked into the Holiday inn and asked the front desk if they could possibly find room for me. They were gracious enough to put me in a suite, the last room they had. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the accommodations are wonderful! Very clean, very nice furnishings, great complimentary breakfast. Thanks to Holiday Inn Express, the rest of my stay was very enjoyable!

Room Tip: The best place to stay when in McPherson.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
hie67460, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are so glad we were able to turn your trip around for you. I will report your satisfaction to my staff. Here at the Holiday Inn Express of McPherson, KS we truly value your patronage and do look forward to seeing you in the future, we will always ensure that our guests feel comfortable, valued, respected, safe, welcomed and appreciated by our staff at all times! If you need further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me any time. Travel safely, and as always, thank you for Staying Smart.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

First let me say that McPherson is a wonderful town with lots of fun shops and folks, it may not look like it as the area right off the freeway is not the whole town but some shopping! We stayed here for our daughter's Graduation from Central Christian College. Nice Hotel, Great Staff. Quiet, good breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your most recent stay with our property. We are glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us. I will pass along your satisfaction to my staff.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our vehicle broke down in this town, and from the looks of the surroundings we weren't thrilled about being stuck here... until we walked into this HIE.

The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. We were able to check in early, and considering we were extremely exhausted- this was appreciated. Very clean and spacious room. Thumbs up to HIE for having HBO. This isn't unique to this location, but it's appreciated every time we stay at one.

Good location. Walmart nearby, and a few casual dining options. I like when I don't have to venture into an unknown town to get a few things that I need from the store.

Enjoyed the fitness center, but wished they had an elliptical in there. We were hoping to spend some time in the jacuzzi, but it was broken. Not a deal breaker for me personally, but something other reviewers might want to take note of.

The breakfast was good, minus the scrambled eggs. They normally aren't good at HIE, but they were especially bad here. Old? Not prepared correctly? Thank goodness for hard boiled eggs!

Pleasant stay. Looked at rates during the week, and they seemed pretty high. Perhaps the increase in rates during the week is due to business travelers or oil field workers. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We are so glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable even in light of an inconvenient situation. I will be sure to let the staff know about your satisfaction. Here at the Holiday Inn Express of McPherson, Ks we truly value your patronage and do look forward to seeing you in the future, we will always ensure that our guests feel comfortable, valued, respected, safe, welcomed and appreciated by our staff at all times! If you need further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me any time. Travel safely, and as always, thank you for Staying Smart.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a very nice hotel, as are most Holiday Inn Express properties, except for a serious noise problem. This one is very close to I-135 and to railroad tracks and there was more noise when the heater/AC unit's fan switched on and off during the night. Then at 7:00 am on Saturday morning a trash truck emptied the dumpsters practically beneath our window. As a result we had very little sleep. A room away from the dumpsters would be closer to the highway, but maybe better. The bed and chairs were comfortable. Lighting was adequate for reading. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: The dumpsters are on the west end. If they are not going to be emptied when you are there it is bet...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
hie67460, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest~

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us, how frustrating it must be to be in a place where you pay for sleep but are unable to get the rest you deserve. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we do strive to deliver consistently high quality service in an inviting and sophisticated atmosphere: we our guests to truly enjoy their stay with us to be able to relax, unwind and truly "be you". I will be sure to pass along your review to my staff. We truly value your patronage and do look forward to seeing you in the future, when we will always ensure that our guests feel comfortable, valued, respected, safe, welcomed and appreciated by our staff at all times! If you need further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me any time. Travel safely, and as always, thank you for Staying Smart.

Best Regards,
Dawn Marie
Hotel Manager
620-241-5566

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great hotel and a clean room! We enjoyed our visit and the two nights we spent at this Holiday Inn Express. Very nice facility! The breakfast is very nice and the selection was very fresh. I enjoyed warm cookies one evening but they were not out the second night.

Room Tip: I would ask if the garbage truck was coming to pick up because we were shocked that the trash truck...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest~

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax, unwind and truly "be you". Here at the Holiday Inn Express we do strive to deliver consistently high quality service in an inviting and sophisticated atmosphere. I will be sure to pass your satisfaction and review on to my staff. We truly value your patronage and do look forward to seeing you in the future, we will always ensure that our guests feel comfortable, valued, respected, safe, welcomed and appreciated by our staff at all times! If you need further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me any time. Travel safely, and as always, thank you for Staying Smart.

Best Regards,
Dawn Marie
Hotel Manager
620-241-5566

Also consider these accommodations in or near McPherson
Hampton Inn McPherson
#1 of 2 in Hesston
No photo provided
Viking Motel
#3 of 3 in Lindsborg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!