“Especially friendly”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our experience was very pleasant. We were given a little "welcome bag" with microwave popcorn to enjoy in our room. Schera (sp) was most helpful. The breakfast room has a machine that makes pancakes. I would like to steal it. Will stay there again if we have occasion to.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
hie67460, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express of McPherson Kansas, Thank You so much for taking time out to write a review. We will be looking forward to you staying with us in the future, and we will have pancakes too =) Have a great rest of the week,Travel Safely, and as always thank you for staying smart!

Best Wishes,
Dawn Marie Korbe
Hotel Manager/AGM

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 13, 2012

As a GM and fellow hotelier, I must say the service was phenomenal. I had my husband and 5 children with me and we were accommodated wonderfully and were made to feel like we were at home. Kudos to the two gentlemen working the evening of June 13th. I'd hire you both in a heartbeat! Very clean and friendly!! Thank you for making our stay so far from home an EXPERIENCE!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Southernbell07
hie67460, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel during your recent visit to McPherson. We were excited to here that we provided elite service. This means a lot coming from another Hotel General Manager! Thank you so much for your feedback, and thanks for sharing with other travelers that the Holiday Inn Express is the Place to stay in McPherson!

Kyle A. Groves, CHA, CHRM
Holiday Inn Express & Suites McPherson

Reviewed October 19, 2011

My experience was nothing like what other have described. The room was great, clean, smelled fresh and the guy who checked me in at 11:30pm (David) was very friendly. If you're a Marriott or Hilton member, you'll definitely be fine staying here at the Holiday Inn McPherson. I contemplated staying at the airport Hilton and then driving into McPherson for my meeting - but I'm glad I opted to stay at the Holiday Inn instead.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
holidayinnmcpherson, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

• David received my personal commendation for the courteous, friendly way in which he treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Horrible Mgmt. Shreya not only lied about her position but refused to allow me to speak with other mgmt or the "real" owners. My Reservation for 9/10/11 was cancelled. I am requesting my refund of $188.14 charged against my bank card. I have filed numerous compliants and will continue until my refund is received. After numerous calls to Holiday Inn on 9/13/2011- Guest Service sd they issued a case # to the hotel and they would contact me w/in 48hrs. I haven't received a call from the owner of the hotel or responsible party to refund my money. On 9/14/11, Sheryl , hotel owner as she stated, called because I had filed several compliants against the hotel in Kansas via BBB, Chamber of Commerce, etc. they said she's not the owner of the hotel and she would not forward my info to the responsible party in order to refund my money. I need for someone to provide the hotel my cancellation number from 9/10/11 in order to receive my $188.14. The hotel rate was excessive and inflated for the vistors in McPherson, KS. This is not a way to do business and the manager of this hotel should be held responsible for the negative image she's allowing guests of this chain hotel to experience as unacceptable. I look forward to resolving this issue and the refund of my $188.14. I can provide my phone records to document the phone# & time called on 9/10/2011 to cancel the reservation.

Room Tip: Don't book here if Mgmt does not change. Shreya is the mgr.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank C J
holidayinnmcpherson, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites recently.

• Sheryl and the owner of the establishment were contacted about this situation and received additional training in the courteous manner in which they, as our representatives, are to treat you, our valued guests.

We take our reviews seriously, and this will not just be passed over. I hope that when you visit our area, you will choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Way, Way, Way overpriced. As is most of the hotels in the area. Owner over charged room rate because they thought I wanted extra points as a Club Member. Pool was absolutely freezing. No paper delivered as a Club Member. The next morning when I discovered the price descrepancy they couldn't understand me or me them(they didn't speak english well) I paid $30 more than the internet price listed. After complaining that morning to no avail I decided to move across the street to the Days Inn. The hotel was way worse but cheaper. Smoke filled the halls and the room was terrible, so I asked for a refund 5 minutes later. When the manager came out of the office to address my complaints he was the same manager as the night before at the HI express. Wow! It was obvious to see why both properties are way overpriced and quite simply horrible! Stay away unless you can afford to throw money away.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RC L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken.

• Owner was approached about seeing to it that the prices given on the internet and at the establishment are the same.

• Management was approached about having staff members instructed to make use of other staff members more comfortable with certain languages, when there are language problems.

• Pool staff received additional training in properly maintaining a pool.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Very nice property. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Lobby has computer access and each room has wifi available for use. The morning breakfast is more extensive then the typical donuts and coffee. Staff was polite and accommodating. Would definelty stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received our commendation on the level of cleanliness they maintain as our employees.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation on their presentation.

• Staff received our commendation on the courteous, accommodating, polite way they treated you, our valued guest.

I am very pleased that you plan to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites if you are in our area again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Seems they have built Holiday Inn Express Hotels in lots of small towns. It seems maintenance and upkeep is not at good in more rural locations. Hotel was fine for a place to sleep as you are passing through on a long drive, but I certainly wouldn't want to stay several days.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near McPherson
Hampton Inn McPherson
#4 of 7 in McPherson
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Hesston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!