“Worst Hotel Ever!!”
Review of Days Inn McPherson

Days Inn McPherson
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in McPherson
Reviewed July 15, 2009

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. My husband and I traveled with 2 of our grandkids and a friend and her daughter. The rooms smelled like urine, very musty odor. The linens had burn holes, carpets were dirty. Our friend had to put a chair under her door because the lock was broken, there was also a wad of paper towels stuck up in the sprinkler on the ceiling! We didn't dare take showers- the tubs were dirty with a ring around them and hairs in the bathtub!! We paid $99.99 + tax - way to much. Spend the extra $30 and stay at the Holiday Inn Express that sits right in front of this place!! I do not recommend this hotel to anyone-stay clear of it!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Mamamary55
daysinnmcphersonks, Webmaster at Days Inn McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing McPherson Days Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it wasn’t the pleasant stay you had anticipated.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken.

• Housekeeping received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the shower in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken lock on the door of the room assigned to your friend and instructed to see to its repair.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

I have nothing positive to say about this hotel.
The rooms smelt like urine, 1 of our rooms did not have a working shower.
The linens were dirty and had burn holes in them-nice for a non-smoking hotel.
The manager was not available when requested to speak with him even though the welcome book says to contact him directly-I tried and no Answer.
We have filed a formal complaint with the Days Inn and I have also been told by their CVB this is not the first complaint.
We traveled with a group and due to unforseen bad weather we were not in need of staying. They would not let us cancel our reservations; so we were held in my opinion hostage. People who chose to pay and leave also had thier rooms rented out to others.
There was a discrepancy between room rates (we paid $85.99 for a double and another family in our group paid $69.99)
Do Not Stay Here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing McPherson Days Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the non-working shower in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

• Management was approached about the discrepancy in rates for double room between you and another family in your group.

• Management was approached about setting up some system whereby when the manager can not be reached, a representative will be supplied.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at McPherson Days Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.