“swimming trip with grand kids”
Review of Days Inn McPherson

Days Inn McPherson
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in McPherson
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnmcpherson, Manager at Days Inn McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnmcpherson, Manager at Days Inn McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Upon checking for my 1 night stay, King, no smoking, I was handed my detailed bill for $6,172.41. I noticed the amount, the person on duty did not. Obviously a hugh mistake had been committed. I in turn would not sign, she expressed dismay and admitted yes, there is a mistake here. She (Amy) tried and could not remedy the problem, then called Kim her manager who came to Days Inn. After a lengthly 1 hour procedure i was informed that the about amount would not be charged and Amy assured me that American Express would remedy and remove that amount. As of today, Oct 19, 7:31 pm, $6,172.41 still remains charged to my AE account!! Upon my questioning, repeatedly, I wasn't going to continue on my return to MN without remedy, I was reduced in my stay from $76 to $66. Confirmation #59552338, Acct# 656-709625. I NEED THIS OFF MY CREDIT CARD!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Paul,

We are so sorry for the discrepancy during your visit to our hotel. I understand how frustrating it can be for something like this to happen, and to have to wait on the credit card companies to resolve the issue. I to would be upset if this had happened to me. Our management team has been working to resolve this discrepancy, and during our follow up call to you on 10/22/12, we were happy to hear that the card company had reassured you that the transaction had been released correctly, it had just not appeared on your electronic statement yet. Although we do not know how this discrepancy occurred, thank you for giving us the opportunity to work on your behalf to resolve this. We appreciate you and your business and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The front desk people are rude-- But maybe it is after all day travel I was tried. No after night sleep it did not change. Went to get Breakfast and pancake machine was stuck asked for help and they just wanted to put sign on out of order. Needed to just be cleaned. They also had gravy sausage but looked over cooked at 7am they start at 6 I think they really did not say at check-in. The room was sub-par -- old flooring (rugs) grease stained worn out places. The bed thank goodness is a king so found a spot for comfort !!! Had to stay for awhile more than a week to help family. I had to defrost refrigerator and the A C would kick out and when I come back to room always hot. The maids tried their best to help but how can they with worn out equipment!!! The sheets worn out the pillows flat and well like I said you can't fix broken down stuff. Be gone most of the day and was tried and have Manager come to say to us need to keep door close to much smoke we just got in room the staff was cleaning room across us all day fixing bathroom and carpet cleaning it smelled bad when we got back and then Manager says things to us-- just was not right!!! I talked to maid and asked if some freshener could be put out in Hall because of the smell. They try to help. This was my second time there- Need to fix stuff and have better attitudes in the front desk!! I hope need not have to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
daysinnmcpherson, Manager at Days Inn McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest;

We are very embarrassed and sorry for the less then satisfactory experience you encountered during your visit to our hotel. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. We appreciate your comments, as our Hotel is under new management, and is in the "change" stages. Feedback like yours helps up focus on areas that may need improvement. Thank you again, and we hope that you gives us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here and found old receipts on the floor, old orange peels under the bed and 3 dried up dead crickets on the floor! Do the maids not vacuum? When we walked in to check in, the front desk lady was folding laundry on the guest couches watching tv. When I arrived later from an outing, she was still on the couch talking on her cell phone. Very unprofessional in my opinion. There are not many options to stay in McPherson next time I'll try holiday inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
daysinnmcpherson, Manager at Days Inn McPherson, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Valued Guest;
We are so sorry to hear about the less then satisfactory condition of your guest room upon your arrival at the Days Inn McPherson, and that our guest service representative did not seem professional in appearance. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving, it is our hope that you will give us another chance the next time that your travels bring you to McPherson.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel is adequate. It was pretty clean. Nothing fancy, just the basics. The pool was a little small (and shallow -- only 4 ft deep) but it satisfied my children. The hot tub was not working. Very long check in time, but that may have been due to a new desk clerk. My daughter and I enjoyed the cloud soft beds. We would probably stay here again so long as the price was right.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your valued review of our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us during your visit to mcpherson, and sharing your experience with other travelers. Our hotel is under new management, and we are making many updates and changes to the hotel. We are glad you got to experience some of those changes. We appreciate you very much and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near McPherson
0 mi away
#1 of 8 in McPherson
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 2 in Hesston

Been to Days Inn McPherson? Share your experiences!